Ladies: Favorite Makeup Brand?

Options
First off, let me say that this is like my Gazillionth post for today because I am ADDICTED to MFP. But I digress...

Anyway, what is your favorite foundation/powder? Why, and how much did you pay for it?

Mine is Make Up For Ever HD. I absolutely love love love this stuff. The coverage is so natural yet it does the greatest job at making my skin look even-toned and flawless. I use it along with the HD transluscent powder and it's the best thing in the world :)

I paid $40 for the foundation and about $35 for the powder.

Replies

• calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    mark bronzer is the only foundation-like stuff I use. 7$ from an Avon catalog.
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    We share the same make up brand fav. I love it because ITs easier on my skin. Everything gives me out breaks but make up forever is the one that gives me the least.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Well... I hardly ever wear makeup. But, the one or two times a month I do, I use MAC products.
  • sarahttini
    Options
    I use FOREVER by Dior followed with their powder...it's expensive but it seems to work the best for my skin.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Bare Minerals but I can't afford it hardly ever so I try to make due without whenever I can so I can make it last longer.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse is my favorite foundation. I stumbled across it and I'm in love :love:

Its about 10 bucks...
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I like ELF's studio finish foundation, actually. It's the best one I've tried, and it's only $3 :)
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i wear MARY KAY. my favorite. worn others, but found it last longer, stays better, and makes my skin look better. price is on average, around $15, depending on what kind you want. and i'm not partial to it just because i sell it. but because i LOVE IT!
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i wear MARY KAY. my favorite. worn others, but found it last longer, stays better, and makes my skin look better. price is on average, around $15, depending on what kind you want. and i'm not partial to it just because i sell it. but because i LOVE IT!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    i have & love my Revlon mineral powder foundation.
    It covers blemishes & redness..
    cost about 8 bucks.
    otherwise I like Mary Kay.
  • lilrahme
    lilrahme Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Natural Compatables Wet & Dry Foundation. Absolutly amazing. Covers all my flaws and keeps it natural.
    I have naturally oily skin, but it doesn't clump and my skin doesn't go shiny which i LOVE
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I don't use make-up everyday, but when I do I use a Stila liquid foundation that is very light. It works really well with my skin, making it look like I'm not wearing any make-up which is how I like it. Natural looking, not "made up". I like a lot of Stila's products as well as Benefit, Urban Decay eye shadows, Tarte blushes, and I'm a big fan of the red lipsticks made by Kat Von D that they carry at Sephora!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Bare Minerals!
  • mcgwnkrista
    Options
    Chanel foundation and powder and mineral veil by bare minerals...I have super oily skin and these combined last all day even in Arizona 114 degree heat :)
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I use FOREVER by Dior followed with their powder...it's expensive but it seems to work the best for my skin.

I've heard so many good things about this, but yeah checked it out in store the other day and HOLY HELL it costs a lot!!
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Ocassionally I'll switch it up and use Bare Minerals Matte Powder (It definitely makes my pores look smaller which I love, but I just prefer liquid foundation), or Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet +. But I always come back to MUFE HD.
  • deewildwoman
    deewildwoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love Bare Minerals. It is $26, but worth it because it helps me keep the balance between dry skin and breaking out. Everytime I try to switch to something else, my skin gets so dry it flakes, or so oily it breaks out.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Paula, you're making me want to try MUFE!
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Clarins extra firming foundation ( you won't need to extra firming ) :) the whole clarins range is just amazing ... Little pricey but lasts all day and you only require a wee amount as coverage it awesome .. Plus I use the clarins translucent ( loose ) powder :)

Good luck
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Paula, you're making me want to try MUFE!

Do it, girl! I used to use MAC, but since I've tried MUFE I've never gone back!
    Best stuff in the world!