Determined to do it this time but looking for accountability buddies

Options
Donwilks
Donwilks Posts: 34 Member
Hi everyone.

I'm the classic yo-yo, faddy, impatient dieter. However I am determined to do it properly this time. I'm approaching my mid 40's and the weight is creeping up and I feel very unhealthy.

I want to change my mindset and feel fit and healthy and develop new habits that will last more than two weeks.

I would love to buddy up with someone who is in a similar place in their journey to share daily encouragement, motivation and general kicking up the *kitten* support!

Replies

• mummymichelle
    mummymichelle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! πŸ‘‹ I’m in the same position as you, I stick to something for a while, lose a bit of weight and then put it back on again. I’ve been doing it for years. I turn 30 in a few months and I’m trying to lose weight before then and actually keep it off this time! Would also like some support on here, keep each other going ☺️ Good luck in your journey πŸ’ͺ🏻
  • Donwilks
    Donwilks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Let's do it this time together! πŸ‘πŸ˜€
  • starryeclipse
    starryeclipse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am also turning 30 this year and hit the heaviest I’ve ever been. I’ve tried all the fad diets too with minimal success... so here’s to doing it right & keeping it off.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hiya, feel free to add me, too. I am fighting self control, in particular snacking πŸ₯§πŸ«πŸ§‡πŸ’πŸ• at work πŸ‘©β€πŸ’». I workout πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ to compensate, but I'd love to gain more discipline when it comes to what I eat and to find a way to cope with stress differently.
  • katiegradio
    katiegradio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here! Just found this app and am really excited to stick to it!