Team Derby Life Week 1 Fri/Sat (open to skaters/referees)

Options
Team Derby Life Week 1 Fri/Sat (open to skaters/referees)

Weekly Challenges: Staying under calories, Drinking 8 glasses of water a day, skate 2xs a week. Any time during week: endurance or any day that you can fit this into your schedule - skate, non-stop, any pace, for at least 30 minutes

Friday: 4 back strengthening exercises (http://www.realsimple.com/health/fitness-exercise/workouts/4-back-strengthening-exercises-10000001722657/index.html)

Saturday: 30 sec mountain climbers, Hop on 1 foot for 30 seconds, switch. X2 (x4) 10(12) min stretching

I think next week we will split up in 3 days instead of two ;)

Replies

• rockrosie
    rockrosie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sounds good (on the splitting up the days)!

And congrats on the 20 lbs.! Wooooooo hooooo!
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of splitting the days! :) I did get in my endurance skate outdoors last night but plan to hit the rink today as well! Gotta refresh on all the falls before Sunday's assessments! Maybe even do a 25 in 5 if it's not too crowded :)

But first.... I must get in this pesky long run. 5 weeks and 2 days until the marathon! Eek!
  • rockrosie
    Options
    Athena- the other day you talked me through some frustration I had about the scale not moving. Just this morning I put on my bra and realized that they've been creeping up in the back lately. I measured, and my ribcage/back is smaller. What the heck? :-) I wish it would leave my belly! I already wear a 38 (giant cup size). I have no idea how I'm going to find a 36 huge!
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    4 Back-Strengthening Exercises

Hip Bridge: I did 15 times that one was nice, I could have done more. I even remembered to keep my abs tight
    Bird Dog: I lost count but I did it til my arms and legs were shaking. My back really liked this and I am going to do it more often
    Side Plank: (Plank to me is a dirty word!!!) I could only do this one time each side for 20 sec. Tried to do another set but my elbow started to hurt... I dont like this one, that must mean it is a really good one for me to pursue
    Lunge: I love lunges :) I did 2 sets of 15

my sons ages 6 & almost 8 did these with me and they had a blast. they are really into these challenges! they both wanna be Refs like their daddy when they grow up... so cute YAY for DERBY
  • runningathena
    Options
    Athena- the other day you talked me through some frustration I had about the scale not moving. Just this morning I put on my bra and realized that they've been creeping up in the back lately. I measured, and my ribcage/back is smaller. What the heck? :-) I wish it would leave my belly! I already wear a 38 (giant cup size). I have no idea how I'm going to find a 36 huge!

Have you looked at stores designed for full-figured women? You might have some luck there! (Lane Bryant, Avenue, or similar) I have a hard time with bras too because I'm a 38B. I can always find 36B, 38C....argh!!!!

I find I lose from the top down and gain from the bottom up - frustrating for sure! But it will all be worth it in the end!!! You are doing great!!! :)
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    A few less girls have been posting each day. But it is only the first week. hopefully we can get a strong support/challenge group from this!

Go Team Go!!!

mountain climbers tomorrow, oh yay LOL
  • alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump - to report back tomorrow when I catch up :)
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    Saturday challenge complete, along with my other challenge group. WHEW!!!! YAY for DERBY I have a great practice to look forward to tomorrow it will be HOTTTTTT and my body will be a pushed from all of this weeks extra challenge work, I hope that my endurance will be improving.....

SOOOOOOO I want to know, how are your personal goals going? How are you measuring success? What have you noticed as recent improvement?

<3 Derby Love

Davy Rock-Hit
  • runningathena
    Options
    Hi ladies.... I took a rest day today after yesterday's long run and two hours of practicing at the rink.

Tomorrow I have assessments! Ahhh! Wish me luck!

:drinker:
  • rockrosie
    Options
    Hey Davy!

I think MFP's system with the board is kind of hard to follow- I wish there was a way to subscribe to a group and then see all topics that way.

Anyway, yesterday I ran and did the challenges.

One thing that really frustrates me (I'm having a frustrating week!) is that I live in the mountains and get the same credit for running up & down hills as I do running flat. What's the motivation in that? I'd rather go to the track and run in flat circles- I go faster and can go longer, although I know that running on the park trails makes me train so much harder.

Anyway, yesterday I ran in a park that has mountain biking/running trails- I've always run on the dog walking trails which are really simple & gravel covered. Yesterday I took a turn into the mountain trails- WHAT A RUSH! Although it was much slower, it was so awesome! I was jumping onto and off of rocks, dodging trees, really pushing my capabilities! It was a lot more fun than just running a boring route. And I could tell that it was definitely working the muscles I use in skating. I think I'm going to do it again tomorrow!
  • runningathena
    Options
    Rosie - Awesome! Trail running is so much fun! I have been using the Search feature for finding the thread, I agree with you - it would be so much easier to just subscribe!

In other news - I PASSED ASSESSMENTS!!!!! :happy:
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    Rosie - Awesome! Trail running is so much fun! I have been using the Search feature for finding the thread, I agree with you - it would be so much easier to just subscribe!

In other news - I PASSED ASSESSMENTS!!!!! :happy:

Is there anything we can do about it? I just go to My Topics and then click on the small view beside the last person's post and then scroll up to where I last read. I want this to be as simple as possible for people... so any suggestions please do tell!

Congrats on passing!!!!! That is so wonderful. so does that mean you get to scrimmage now? bout ready?
  • FlamBabe
    Options
    Whew...Sorry everyone I had to play catch up on the challenges today.
    For the next three weeks my Thursday thru Friday is CRAZY DOUBLE shifts so it is hard for me to get the challenges in. So I have decided next week I will do them before work, and see how that goes.
    Good week for me I got 2 outdoor 1 hour skate in plus 3 skate practices!
    I did a vegan& juice diet cleanse for 8 days, wasn't to bad except for the lack of energy , headache from no caffeine. Today I start back slowly eating dairy & meat products.
    I am looking forward to next weeks challenges!
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    Please view and bookmark the following blog to participate in exercise challenges...
    we will reply in the comments section as an easy way for people to communicate :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TeamDerbyLife