Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Talk to me about energy drinks!

glassyo
glassyo Posts: 7,717 Member
Or, you know, anyone else who's interested. ๐Ÿ˜€

But preferably the zero calorie ones because...duh.

I've only really tried Rockstar Pure Zero in various flavors but I'm not sure I'm feeling any more energized.

So which ones do you like? What flavors? Do you polish off the whole can (which is usually 2 servings, I'm guessing) in one go? And other exciting questions I can't think of now. ๐Ÿ˜€

As always, please and thank you.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I have never had an energy drink. Do they really give you energy, or does drinking one make you feel like it does?
  • glassyo
    LOL I can't really tell. I'm also back on the diet coke and that's kept me awake a little too long depending on when and how much I drink but I'd like some alternatives and I'm doing a target/walmart online run soon so figured I'd try a few more out.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    I like coffee. Since caffeine is the primary energy-giver in energy drinks, especially 0-cal ones, I prefer a good coffee.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    Bang cotton candy is my favorite!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,217 Member
    I have never had an energy drink. Do they really give you energy, or does drinking one make you feel like it does?

They are full of large amounts of caffeine - so depends what effect caffeine in large doses has on you.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    I'm a very low responder to caffeine so I only drink energy drinks for the calories when cycling and wouldn't drink the zero/low calorie ones unless they tasted good - and most don't IMHO.
    To get some anti-fatigue effect from caffeine I have to completely avoid caffeine for a week or so in advance and then take a big dose. Maybe either you are also a low caffeine responder or simply ingest a lot of caffeine frequently which blunts your response?

Mostly I premix my own energy drinks from powder which are a mixture of glucose, fructose (gives you a higher calorie absorption rate compared to glucose only) and electrolytes. High-5 citrus flavour is current favourite.
    For the ready made ones blue Powerade is nice and (allegedly!) good for hangovers.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Ultra Zero Monster is part of my hydration strategy, but I can't say it seems to do much for energy. I just like the flavor. I drink it over ice, roughly 2 oz every 15 minutes at work, where I tend to always be thirsty, but drinking to thirst will result in a full bladder too frequently for work's schedule. This is part of why I have stopped wearing my cloth mask to work - if I'm touching the damned thing every 15 minutes, it seems less optimal than to just go bare-faced and keep distance as best I can. Also, it's already over 90 degrees and I spend the entire time sweating freely, and the mask is nasty after it wicks up that much salt water. But that's a digression.

My favorite flavor is probably Ultra Red. The Ultra Violet is that "purple" flavor that is sometimes identified as grape (a candy grape, that I just think of as purple, anyway) and Ultra Sunrise is similarly orange flavored. Ultra Black is Cherry, and not frequently available - but very tasty. The internet tells me there's a yellow one, Ultra Citron, that I haven't seen yet... Actually, the internet tells me there are quite a lot of flavors in the lineup, but I can't see any that I would completely avoid. I can tell you that I don't care for the Ultra Paradise over ice - something about watering that flavor down does Not appeal to me.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    I like sugar free Red Bull. It has less caffeine then people think 80mg, similar to a cup of coffee but it also has a B12, which adds to its kick. I feel energized but not jittery. I also like fhe taste, and I like adding to my fruit smoothies as well.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Monster Ultra Zero in white or green, sometimes purple.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I like the Mio energy drops, since I can control the amount I dilute them. I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine. I really like the Bang energy drinks, especially the cotton candy one, but I wish they came in smaller or resealable containers because I legit get super loopy on them, and then suffer withdrawal headaches the next day. Not worth it unless I need an energy boost immediately due to some event, and can rest the next day while I suffer.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Bang is WAYYYYYYYY overrated. I like the Rockstar Sugar Free. Tastes like bubblegum. Not a fan of the Pure zero line
  • glassyo
    Thanks for the suggestions. I don't like coffee except for coffee ice cream/frozen yogurt. I wonder how much I'd have to eat to get that caffeine fix. :)

I'll probably try them all at some point tho.

Rockstar Pure Zero is ok. I REALLY think something's going on with me and sucralose because I just had one and it had that weird taste I get when I eat the Danon Light and Fit yogurts. And that seems to be the common ingredient. It might have just been the orange taste tho.
  • KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    Rockstar zero, punched is the only flavor i like.
  • margaretlondon87
    margaretlondon87 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm picky about energy drinks. The only ones I like are bang cotton candy, sour heads, and rainbow unicorn.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Bang: I like Cotton Candy, Peach Mango, and Candy Apple Crisp.

Reign: Orange Dreamsicle (I think that's what it's called lol), Melon Mania, and Lemon Fizz. I think I like Reign a little more because they have less of an aftertaste, but the Bang flavors I mentioned are really good.

I've also tried a few from Alani Nu (found at GNC), and while they were tasty I found they didn't give me much of an energy boost.
  • glassyo
    *peeks back in*

There's a caffeine free Bang? What's the point?? :)
  • River314
    River314 Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2020
    Monster: Absolutely Zero, Ultra Violet
    Reign: Peach Fizz (I think that's the name)
    Bang: Peach (I love peach flavored stuff...), Cherry Limeade
    Venom: Strawberry Kiwi, Citrus
    Game Fuel: had one today that was (I think) blackberry infused lemonade

The Venom is made by the Dr Pepper company and Game Fuel is a Mtn Dew product. I've tried other flavors, but when it comes down to it, I tend to go back to certain flavors because a lot of products have watermelon or mango and I avoid those at all costs!
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    My favorite are Bangs black cherry and blue fizz. I'm sure they aren't great for my health but I love em. Nothing less than 300mg. The max amount for my weight is 700mg which I don't go near.