New member/ looking for support

Options
Hi there,
New to this- looking for support and would love to give support in turn. I'm very active- I run and play soccer. I've been trying to find balance while healing from an eating disorder. I would like to be fit, healthy, and toned. Since January, I made an effort to gain some weight during recovery, and the 5lbs. that I have gained I am ready to lose in a healthy way.

Replies

• beardog100
    Options
    Hi, I joined today too and would appreciate some support as I have 20 kg to loose and I have been loosing the same 4 pounds for the past 3 months, I think this app will help me to stay on track. I have a lovely dog whom I walk most days, sometimes even twice a day and sometimes I run too. It would be nice to have someone to talk to about the daily struggles. Hope to hear from you. Beardog. :smile:
  • brenpope
    brenpope Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    if you guys are on facebook I know of a group that gives friendship, encouragement, motivation, sympathy when needed. There are monthly challenges, weekly challenges, and a group of great people who are trying to lose weight as well. Let me know if your interested.
  • ksarkarati
    ksarkarati Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    Defo believe in supporting one another. Thanks so much for getting in touch with me. Please message me when you need support/motivation and I will do the same.
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    Hi
    In answer to your post. How amazing to find all the new ppl that started MFP today as well. I'm truly excited to have a place to vent & find support as well as give to others. I believe you being so active won't have any trouble losing that five pounds. Sometimes I think I tend to gain weight when I emotionally eat, or tend to gain when recouporating from an injury.
    I am glad to have you aboard and hope you find what you are looking for here. It is a great place to be, I already feel that it is working because I feel I have some goals to strive for. I have about 88 lbs to lose, so from my past experience I learned that I must work on small goals. It seemed hard to learn at first, but once acheived was worthwhile.
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    Looks like your a new member like I am. Great, we have found a nice place to find some answers to help us lose those unwanted pounds, let us get a grip on all that baggage that seems to be the excuse. Time to let go of it all. Not good enough anymore. Mine caused high cholesterol, and loving that ice cream way too much. One thing I have learned so far is that ice cream is not the reason my cholesterol is 49 points high, it was all the fresh eggs I was eating, not even thinking, nor caring. Just going with the flow. Now I have slowed down alittle bit and am putting some thought into my life.
  • amcclinton108
    Options
    I'm Darentiz and I live in Chicago. Looking for others in my area for support. Trying to keep my program going this time
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    Hi Is your picture a before and after? It looks pretty good, nice to see you truly have lost 31 lbs. How great! What have you changed in your life to help you lose weight? You look really happy, that is so good. Talk to you again.
  • brenpope
    brenpope Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Is your picture a before and after? It looks pretty good, nice to see you truly have lost 31 lbs. How great! What have you changed in your life to help you lose weight? You look really happy, that is so good. Talk to you again.
    were you referring to my picture? Yes that was a year ago and again a couple weeks ago. I just started pushing myself to work out and made better food choices too, and definately tracking everything I eat, I mean EVERYTHING!! and coming here too for support, there are a lot of very helpful people here :)