Ladies panties for hard core cardio

Options
I feel really weird posting this but I want some opinions from you ladies out there. What kind of underwear do you use while you workout? I am bottom heavy and I am constantly stopping my workout to fix my panties. I don't really want to wear a thong for a heavy workout, but my bikinis just aren't cutting it anymore. Any advice?

Replies

• ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I wear hipsters. Have you lost weight? My old ones were falling down while I was walking so I had to buy smaller sized ones and now they don't move
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I don't wear underwear when I work out....eliminates the problem all together.
  • tulipsrbetter
    Options
    Bump
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    honestly.. and this may sound funny but I'm a young hip 21 year old and I find that wearing grannypanties (either hipster boy shorts or good ol bikini) helps. I used to wear thong panties to work out, but it just gets uncomfortable and I definitely prefer a cotton fabric vs. lace or mesh..

:)
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options

as long as you're not going to my gym and sitting your sweaty bum on the machines I'm gonna go ahead and say ALL THE POWER TO YA!! :)
  • macylane4
    Options
    I guess if you can go with out undies that would be the best bet!! I am bottom heavy, and just have to deal with them riding up, or constantly digging them out!!! I don't know if it gets better even if you're small?!? I always wore thongs when I worked out and was skinny...now I'm too big for them :(
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i wear thongs lol. honestly. I run like 40 plus miles a week. it works pretty well for me!
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    Wait...look at the name of the poster: Thom!! it's a guy.

LOL !!!

No seriously -Poster is likely female. :-)

Just wear what is comfortable for you. You may need to experiment with different kinds, but you'll find some that work well.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy, and this is odd posting in here but I have that problems with my boxers, and with my legs rubbing causing soreness. I found this stuff called Body Glide that runners use and it's awesome. It also adds just enough friction it keeps my boxers in place. It comes in this thing that looks like a deodorant bottle. I couldn't find it at target or walmart, I ended up buying from amazon. I'm sure a sports store would have it.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yep, i wear plain black cotton granny undies...

i hate it when you can see through ppl's leggins and you can see what kind of underwear they are wearing. so i always wear plain black so that if my black leggins get wet and sweaty and stretched and see through, all you will see is plain black...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

this ^^
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I like my g-strings lol.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I like the "boy shorts" or hip huggers. They seem to work best for me while working out.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    g-string like any normal day. I have courtesy enough to wipe the machines down, regardless of what type I wear, though.
  • janegeno
    janegeno Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Meh, I will admit this. I love the workout pants/shorts with a built in crotch, like pantyhose have.

So what if fat chicks are not "supposed" to wear spandex. I'm working out. I don't care about being cute or dainty. I care about digging, chafing, bunching, and sliding. Also I care about minimal flab flappage.

Note: I don't really sweat much ever. This probably skews my undies reliance level down quite a bit. Some of my friends sweat enough that if they went commando to the gym they would be in danger of looking like they peedled themselves. YMMV
  • skizzerbizkit
    skizzerbizkit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I wear regular granny undies, and to keep things from falling down/riding up (and to hide my thigh flab) I wear high-riding tighter-fitting leggings (with a pair of bball shorts over them... also to hide my flab, lol). It holds everything in place, and I find leggings extremely comfortable while doing cardio. They eliminate any chafing you might have between the thighs. Hope this helps. :)
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I wear cotton PINK (Vicki's thongs) but probably cotton panties that cover the whole cheekage situation would be best. AKA Granny panties! I've been having the same problem.... Lol
  • babs23
    Options
    I'm a guy, and this is odd posting in here but I have that problems with my boxers, and with my legs rubbing causing soreness. I found this stuff called Body Glide that runners use and it's awesome. It also adds just enough friction it keeps my boxers in place. It comes in this thing that looks like a deodorant bottle. I couldn't find it at target or walmart, I ended up buying from amazon. I'm sure a sports store would have it.

My husband wears compression shorts. it keeps his boxers in place and it eliminates friction. He wears them under his gym shorts. You can buy them cheap at Walmart, they're made by Starter.

The website says their not available, but we found them (in black) in the store:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Starter-Men-s-Dri-Star-Compression-Shorts/11026738
  • mon11e
    Options
    Thong for sure its the best option!! :tongue:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

My husband wears compression shorts. it keeps his boxers in place and it eliminates friction. He wears them under his gym shorts. You can buy them cheap at Walmart, they're made by Starter.

The website says their not available, but we found them (in black) in the store:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Starter-Men-s-Dri-Star-Compression-Shorts/11026738

Awesome I didn't think about compression shorts! I will have to pick 4 or 5 pairs up, the compression shirts is about all I wear at the gym anymore. Great tip!