New at this.. What is your meal(s) plan for the day

Options
Hi! I am new to MFP and wanted to to see what you eat in a day? I wanted to try to get different ideas to make this not so boring.
My calorie intake is 1400?
I can't wait to see what you all eat :)

Replies

• macylane4
    Options
    You can click on profiles and view diaries for people!! I have a bowl of healthy cereal and half of a bagel thin with cream cheese for breakfast.
    Lunch I'll eat a turkey sandwich, or tuna salad (with light miracle whip)
    Snack...either peanuts or a granola bar and a cup of milk
    dinner is seafood or chicken or vegan items with some cottage cheese and a veg. or potato something like that! As for being creative...there isn't much creativity when you dont have butter etc!!!
    Just try and eat clean natural foods, and don't add anything extra except seasonings!!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary for the last few days , you can ask a few questions if you like.
  • wifeygettingfit
    Options
    I've recently joined too but I've got at least 4 days of diary you can review. if you have any questions let me know.
  • amcclinton108
    Options
    looking for some good recipes.
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    ummmm that is kinda hard as i rarely eat the same thing on my days off as i do at work....

stoffers stuffed pepper
    cottage cheese
    peaches

homemade pizza made from low cal tortillas, pizza sauce. turkey pepperoni, mushrooms and weight watchers mexican cheese.

that was so far today and i still have about 300 calories to do

on a work day i eat subway, some kinda soup for lunch, cherrios snack mix.. stuff like that

i use 35 calorie bread and make egg/ cheese sandwhiches.... i have a lot of fruit and veggies thrown in too!! good luck! feel free to add me!
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Lol.. I didn't even think about looking at the profiles.

• I'm no expert...in fact this is still my first week. But, the tactic I'm using is to eat what I would normally eat - just less of it (except for fast food and non-diet sodas, which I've completely eliminated). If I make it too complicated as a newbie, I'll quit. Just count what you eat. If you run out of calories by noon, you'll know better tomorrow on healthier choices for the first half of the day.

Personally, if I found myself in the first week cooking special meals and making meal plans, I'll probably see this more as a "diet" than a "lifestyle change" and end up quitting or falling off the wagon again. So, I'm taking baby steps towards eating healthier foods just by being honest with my calorie calculator every day.

Good luck and congrats on starting this healthy change!
    Brandon
  • jennh1
    Options
    Hi -

Breakfast - Either a protein shake or we love the JImmy Dean D-Lites (frozen section, about 250 calories and has muffin or croissant, egg white and meat - better yet, it doesn't taste like a cardboard box). When I feel like splurging, I have my bowl of frosted mini wheats, but I eat the serving size listed on the box and have skim milk so it keeps it under control.

Lunch/Dinner (we work long hours and swing shift so lunch and dinner are both usually microwaved at work) - Lots of options here:
    Any grilled meat (we use chicken, pork tenderloin, tri-tip in portions around 2.5 - 3 oz. or we use frozen fish that is sold in single serving packages - we eat tons of fish) with lots of veggies (onions, broccoli, spinach, peppers, carrots, celery, frozen stir-fry mixed veggies, whatever floats your boat). Add any sauce of your choosing (soy, BBQ, Salsa, hot sauce, even jarred spaghetti sauce) and maybe a touch of cheese (parmesan, cheddar). Sometimes we might throw in a quarter cup of rice. Great to microwave at work and people are always asking me what yummy homemade dish I am eating.

Another favorite is cooked spaghetti squash with a few frozen italian meatballs, some jar sauce and a little parmesan. You get great flavor for under about 250 calories. Easy to microwave too!

Snacks: favorite is an apple with a single serving of peanut butter. I eat a salad every day as a snack - tons of crunchy veggies, sometimes some tuna and always a hard-boiled egg for protein. Another favorite is greek yogurt with berries.

One of the best things I have done is to really read labels and pay attention to serving sizes. I find that lots of them are too much for me - for instance a serving size of yogurt is 1 cup, but I find 1/2 a great snack portion. I used to fill my bowl to full with whatever I was eating, but now I pay more attention.

Hope that was helpful. I'm new here too, but been eatying well and working out for 5 months.

Jenn