Knee injury

Options
Mary_Anastasia
Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
edited June 2020 in Motivation and Support
I am trying to build up my motivation. I dislocated and injured my knee in July last year, and I'm still in PT but they just said we are going ahead with surgery. I will have cartilage replacement, tendon surgery, and bone surgery, but not until October :( and then rehab for...?

I'm not depressed, but I'm not happy. I've gained 20lbs from decreased activity. I have not been able to do my favorite activities like camping and hiking, and now being able to seems even further away. I can't even walk to the beach anymore, it's 1mi, I used to go 3x a week.

I also planned on going back to work and moving out of state. I'm feeling fat, jobless, my dreams on hold, and can't do the things I love. I successfully stopped gaining weight at least and now am trying to lose. I had successfully lost 56lbs in the past....and 44 another time. I thought it was so hard before (I have Hashimoto's/thyroid disease) but it's soooo much harder now :/

ETA on the plus side, I have succeeded in quitting smoking (cigarettes). I quit Feb last year, before this happened, and haven't gone back :) there was a lot of temptation, especially from friends frequently offering them, but I don't even want to anymore.

Replies

• CharlizeGraves
    CharlizeGraves Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have knee pain too due to Hypermobility anyone is welcome to add me as a mfp bud! ☺️