Let's be friends - 250lbs 5'5

Options
medlaura
medlaura Posts: 282 Member
I have lost 50 pounds about 4 years ago using myfitnesspal so I know this works. But because of my bad eating habits I have gained it ALL back, plus more. I was going to get married this year but due to corona it's now postponed until next year August. Which I am totally fine with and now taking this opportunity to lose weight and feel beautiful come August 2021. I'm looking for new friends on mfp to motivate one another.

Replies

• melissatwill
    melissatwill Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I just started back a few days ago; it definitely helps to surround yourself with like minded people who want to see you succeed! Losing 50 pounds is a huge accomplishment; one I have no doubt that you can do again!!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting over again too with similar stats (248 lb. 5'4"). I've done this before too and I lost 30 lb. several years ago. Unfortunately, I gained all of that back plus more. I'm ready to lose weight and keep it off this time.
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Welcome back. I’ve been a looong time member here. I also lost 54 pounds about 6 years ago, which all came back, plus some. After so many diet attempts something clicked about one month ago. In the last month I’ve lost about 8 pounds.

I did begin Contrave which is a prescription which affects the way you think about food. A big issue for me is what I feel is an almost OCD love with food. I would think of apple pie and just have to have it. Contrave really makes you not interested.

I also bought a Fitbit and was shocked at how little I walked daily. I found a bike path that I enjoy and try to get in at least 5,000 steps. Walking in my neighborhood was too boring and it was too easy to turn around and head home.

Edited to add:
    Sw: 263
    Cw: 255.3 (which is up about 1.5 from last week)
    Gw:180
  • joycocello
    joycocello Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I'm also 5'5"--when I started MyFitnessPal, I was 270, but am now 255, and would love to get down to about 180. More pounds lost would be even better, of course, but to tell the truth, even to be below 200 again for the first time since my last pregnancy 13 years ago would feel miraculous! I'm 46 years old and several times in the last 13 years I have successfully lost 20-40 pounds, only to gain it back (and then some) each time I stopped whatever diet plan I was on (usually WW). MyFitnessPal is the only thing that keeps me on track, because I know I _must_ enter everything I eat here. That keeps me from eating based on my cravings; now I'll enter what I'm going to eat for the day into MFP ahead of time to make sure my food is planned and balanced, not randomly binged. MFP helps me have a good balance of carbs, protein, and fat, because my natural tendency is to binge on carbs.
  • medlaura
    Options
    joycocello wrote: »
    I can relate! I'm also 5'5"--when I started MyFitnessPal, I was 270, but am now 255, and would love to get down to about 180. More pounds lost would be even better, of course, but to tell the truth, even to be below 200 again for the first time since my last pregnancy 13 years ago would feel miraculous! I'm 46 years old and several times in the last 13 years I have successfully lost 20-40 pounds, only to gain it back (and then some) each time I stopped whatever diet plan I was on (usually WW). MyFitnessPal is the only thing that keeps me on track, because I know I _must_ enter everything I eat here. That keeps me from eating based on my cravings; now I'll enter what I'm going to eat for the day into MFP ahead of time to make sure my food is planned and balanced, not randomly binged. MFP helps me have a good balance of carbs, protein, and fat, because my natural tendency is to binge on carbs.

15 pounds down is amazing. 200 pounds is my goal for the end of the year. I currently weigh 249. We can do it!!!
  • medlaura
    Options
    Welcome back. I’ve been a looong time member here. I also lost 54 pounds about 6 years ago, which all came back, plus some. After so many diet attempts something clicked about one month ago. In the last month I’ve lost about 8 pounds.

I did begin Contrave which is a prescription which affects the way you think about food. A big issue for me is what I feel is an almost OCD love with food. I would think of apple pie and just have to have it. Contrave really makes you not interested.

I also bought a Fitbit and was shocked at how little I walked daily. I found a bike path that I enjoy and try to get in at least 5,000 steps. Walking in my neighborhood was too boring and it was too easy to turn around and head home.

Edited to add:
    Sw: 263
    Cw: 255.3 (which is up about 1.5 from last week)
    Gw:180

We have very similar stats
    I started at 255lbs on Sunday and currently 249lbs this AM. I have been detoxing for my first week. Keep up the great work!
  • carlammiranda28
    carlammiranda28 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! You got this girl!!!!!!!! Welcome back ;)
  • medlaura
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! You got this girl!!!!!!!! Welcome back ;)

Thank you Carla. ❤❤
  • Manda5352
    Manda5352 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    medlaura wrote: »
    I have lost 50 pounds about 4 years ago using myfitnesspal so I know this works. But because of my bad eating habits I have gained it ALL back, plus more. I was going to get married this year but due to corona it's now postponed until next year August. Which I am totally fine with and now taking this opportunity to lose weight and feel beautiful come August 2021. I'm looking for new friends on mfp to motivate one another.

Welcome back I'm also back I lost 70 lbs 4 years ago and gained it back so I'm starting over we can add each other for support
  • linkzelda83
    linkzelda83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I used this app in middle school but never dedicated myself to it. I've gained A LOT since then. Haven't set a weight loss goal yet, but I am trying to get healthier at least. Feel free to add me!
  • jomc20
    jomc20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all - lost 85 pounds in 2016-17 and have reacquired 50 of it.
  • JaneLaika
    JaneLaika Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I started out my journey a decade ago, 245 one at 5'6". I've come off and on the wagon more times then I can count. But now we are buckling down and making those healthy habits. 190, wanting to lose about 60 pounds. Let's do this!
  • Anja0495
    Anja0495 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, am 47, 5’7 and clocked in at an all-time high at 275 lbs a short while ago. I’ve been up and down for years, really need to crack down and buckle down this time. Feel free to add me fur support and cheering you on. 😊
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    jomc20 wrote: »
    Hi all - lost 85 pounds in 2016-17 and have reacquired 50 of it.

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all day “reacquired”
  • kutekristieb
    kutekristieb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, 254lbs 5'5 here. I was 189lbs 3 years ago but ugh cupcakes. I just joined beginning of June & down 6lbs. Here's to getting to onederland!
  • MarielysRC
    MarielysRC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome back🤗🤗🤗 I want to be your friend.
  • spir27
    spir27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day starting. I'm turning 30, 5'2 Cw 234 gw 130. I want to do this. I need to do this. Please feel free to add me for support.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! 4 years ago after reaching my highest weight ever and then giving birth to my son, I lost 100lbs. Since then I had regained about 60 of it. I'm two months into my current journey and 26lbs down. Add me if you like, we can support each other!
  • cQQlgirl
    cQQlgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined today and I am 5'4 227. I gained 35 pounds since December. I had a lap-band removed at that time. What with Covid and being on disability I sort of expected it. I need a group of friends too!