Losing Weight Fast

Options
Hey guys, I am new to to this forum but not to fitness. I have been a personal trainer now for 2 years and have been studying exercise for a long time. Everyone wants to lose weight fast but sometimes it seems impossible because the amount of time it takes or the lack of motivation. Well I got a great workout anyone can do and you only need to start out working out 3 times a week! Its called interval training! Many of you have probably watched the show biggest loser, well interval training is how they lost all that weight in such a short time! I'm gonna give you a sample for beginners just starting out and how they can use interval training....

1.First do a warm up walking at an intensity level around 3/10 which is a very light level for around 8 minutes.
2.Next start to either run or jog at a fast pace around an intensity of 7/10 for only one minute
3.Take a 2 minute rest going back down to a 3/10 intensity
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3, three more times so you would have ran 4 sets for one minute each
5. Cool down for 7-8 minutes at 3/10 intensity (walking) and then stretch hamstrings calves and quadriceps and........
That's It!
This can be done on a treadmill, outside, in the pool, or on a bike.
I recommend doing this 3 days a week for 2 weeks getting the feel for it then either...
1. Adding more intensity from 7/10 to 8/10
2.Reducing rest time from 2 mins. to 1.30
3. Adding an extra set so going from 4 sets to 5
Its up to you!
Enjoy and ask any questions and I will try to answer them!

Replies

• natalietowens
    Options
    Thanks for the information how should I do it if I have an elliptical?
  • jem728
    Options
    bump
  • jeadams937
    Options
    For an elliptical you do the same exercise program. You just have to judge what you think a low intensity level would be on the elliptical and what you think would be a high intensity level. And from there you would still go a minute at 7/10, 10 being as hard as you can go, and then resting 2 minutes at 3/10. If 3/10 is too hard I would suggest stepping off the elliptical and walking at a 3/10 level just so you can bring your heart rate down just for 2 mins. Just remember not to stop moving after your one minute high intensity interval.

Hope that helped I know its kinda confusing but it is such a good work out!
  • Dosborn121
    Dosborn121 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you,
    Tomorrow well be my first day back in a gym in a long time, I'll need all the help I can get. the size I'm at i should be on the biggest loser show. Thank you for the info..