Self-Control NSV

hush7hush
hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
So I had my day all planned out. Perfectly balanced meals, plenty of protein, and under my calorie goal. I got to work and my boss brought cookies. I decided I would have one. Ate it, then checked the nutrition label. 240 whole calories! Damn. Well this wasn't much of a big deal, because my day was pretty low anyway. This brought me to a total of 1240 calories. For someone with a history of ed's, going over is kind of scary. I freaked out.

So what did I do? Yelled at myself horribly for being such a failure, and decided that since I already screwed everything up, I might as well go on a total binge. Thought about that ice cream cone, chicken nuggets, and cheeseburger I wanted from McDonalds. Got in my car, drove all the way there, sat in the drive-thru and verbally abused myself a little more...

Then drove away. 40 calories isn't worth it! It was one cookie. Not that big of a deal. Not at all. Went back to work, ate my planned meal, cut out one small snack I was going to have later, and now I'm back under.

So for all of those that battle the Binge-Demon, you know what a big deal this is! I did it for you, too. We CAN overcome it! Binging willl not control our lives. We are so much stronger than that.

I promise, if I can do it, you can do it too.

<3-Hush.

Replies

• sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,035 Member
    Great job :) I'm proud of you :)
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Awesome!! Congrats: )
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    way to go!!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    excellent...THANKS for doing it for me too....I'll try harder now
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    definitly know how that feels! well done :)
  • Good job. Lol, I know that demon all to well.
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    That's awesome (: good job!
  • Good Job!!!
  • thank you that was really nicely said. Usually when i go over its roughly 100 or more cals but i don't fret i just stick to it because i've found that you'll still lose but maybe not as much weight. It's when you start eating whole packets of things like chocolate when you need to worry you'll definately gain alot.
  • great job!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    AWESOME JOB! Keep it up!
  • WTG McDonalds is one of my demons. I have been trying to justify it in my mind by saying it's better if I get a hamburger instead or a double cheeseburger. Well it is in a sense but not a good choice overall. Good job that was a huge leap!

Edit to say PS what is NSV?
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Proud of you, girlie!!
  • KareyMarie
    KareyMarie Posts: 26 Member
    I hate (HATE!!!) the "self-talk" I speak to myself after going "off plan" a bit, it's SOOOO destructive! That's awesome that you could turn a potentially horrible situation and (even after driving there!) finish out a great day! Way to go!!! I know how difficult that can be!
  • hush7hush
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    I am really, really proud of you! <3
  • Will you bring me home a Big Mac? ;)
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Awesome job! I tend to lose a lot to that demon, it's great that you got past him!
  • ssassy428
    ssassy428 Posts: 15 Member
    I am glad to see that someone else is battling the "binge-demon". I unfortunately lost that battle today. I have to rethink my diet and exercise. It is so easy to be lazy. Tomorrow is a new day and I will make it through.
  • hush7hush
    Way to stay positive! You CAN beat it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!