My body fat tested and I’m feeling extremely sad and discouraged

Options
My body fat tested and I’m feeling extremely sad and discouraged. I’ve been working so hard and I am kind of stuck so I thought I would go get a DEXA fit scan and my body fat percentage was off their charts I’m 43.9% body fat! I know better but mentally in my head I was saying oh as long as I’m in my mid-30s I will be OK and not only am I not that I’m much more. I’ve been working hard since January and I’ve been stuck so I was hoping maybe I was just gaining muscle

Replies

• eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Don’t get discouraged. You didn’t get it tested before you started, right? Keep at it
  • vivmiller08
    vivmiller08 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Keep going - acknowledge what you have achieved since January to give you motivation. My scales show 42%. Onwards and downwards x
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    algrif37 wrote: »
    My body fat tested and I’m feeling extremely sad and discouraged. I’ve been working so hard and I am kind of stuck so I thought I would go get a DEXA fit scan and my body fat percentage was off their charts I’m 43.9% body fat! I know better but mentally in my head I was saying oh as long as I’m in my mid-30s I will be OK and not only am I not that I’m much more. I’ve been working hard since January and I’ve been stuck so I was hoping maybe I was just gaining muscle

How are you stuck?
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You are much more than the percentage of your body fat! 💜 I’m sorry you're feeling upset though, it’s never a nice place to be.