Your biggest change since starting MFP? & My NSV

Options
9 weeks in to MFP, I have noticed such a huge difference in my self control (other than a few emotional eating slips). I drove to my parent's house today to visit and made dinner. My boyfriend gets to eat whatever he wants ( :grumble: ) so he had steak, macaroni and cheese, and chocolate milk. For lunch we had stopped at one of our favorite places and he got a jalapeno bacon burger with a home made bun. My dad asked me to make him brownies (my absolute favorite..)..

Pre-MFP I used to eat an entire box of macaroni all by myself.. (that is almost 1,200 calories.) I would eat 3 or 4 brownies. I would've gotten the burger, with bacon, a soda, and probably a cookie for dessert. Today, I had one small bite of macaroni, a salad with 1 T of ranch, and absolutely no brownies. No batter, none cooked, even though I wanted to so bad.

I was just proud of myself and wanted to share.

What have you noticed in yourself?

Replies

• wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I still fall off the wagon and get run over by it sometimes lol but i think the thing i have noticed the most is i am honest with myself in my jounaling. I told myself i would be when i started this. When i did weight watchers I lost some but i wasn't honesty in the journals. It was only 2 points... i don't need to count that and so on. not this time!!
  • onevision
    Options
    Main thing I've noticed is that I'm not alone in my efforts and that other people celebrate my successes with me which spurs me on to do better. And I'm inspired by other people's success so those times when I'm tempted to fall off the wagon don't need much willpower to overcome. It's all good!
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    good for you. I noticed i'm going to have a waist again and i've only lost 5lbs.
  • chellabella26
    Options
    Congratulations, I know what it is like to have that kind of temptation and how hard it is to overcome it! I also agree with you about how much easier to maintain self control with MFP. There is a certain accountability with MFP that I haven't felt with any other diet (even while using other websites like this one). Anyway, keep up the great work and good luck to you!!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I still fall off the wagon and get run over by it sometimes lol but i think the thing i have noticed the most is i am honest with myself in my jounaling. I told myself i would be when i started this. When i did weight watchers I lost some but i wasn't honesty in the journals. It was only 2 points... i don't need to count that and so on. not this time!!

I still fall off the wagon occasionally too, but it's not like I'm eating like that every day like I used to. Power to you! :)
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    I'm more motivated and educated when it comes to what I am putting into my body. I don't over eat as much. I pay attention to ~signs that I'm full like putting my fork down, or losing interest. I put things away once I'm done instead of keeping going because it's right there.

my skin is getting better. i am feeling better.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    These all sounds like great accomplishments :)
  • SerenLlachar
    Options
    I've started to walk a lot more, before i used to take the car down to the shops but now i walk down. I've also found that i enjoy myself when i eat healthier, i have my days where i miss having a McD's or KFC (especially when you drive past the place when the window's down) but i'd much rather eat a ham/chicken salad than have a take-away.

I also never thought i'd enjoy exercising, granted i usually go with my friends to the gym or on bike rides but when i do go on my own i still enjoy it the same.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!