Hi new friends

Options
I'm Julie and I am about to embark on a new part of my life..I will before the end of the year be kick starting my life with a Gastric bypass called a Roux n Y. It is a major operation and one that will forever change my life. I am 100 lbs over weight, with Type 2 Diabetes, HBP and possible Celiac's disease. I am so excited to have this done!! but I'm on here to to get tips with exercise, I currently walk around a mall in Californa 4x which is 4.0 miles 6 days a week. I have joined a gym and will be strengthening my core any other ideas??? I still have to be a mom and cook dinners every night so be easy on me please!!!

Replies

• englangrover
    Options
    Good luck with your journey. I just started my own journey today. I'm here if you need me. We can do this together if you'd like :flowerforyou:
  • PattiPositive
    Options
    HI!!!!! Always looking for a Positive addition to my friend list!!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Strength training and walking 4 miles a day are an excellent start to losing weight. You have such a great resource here at MFP, I'd love to see you put off the surgery just a little bit longer and give yourself one more chance at a natural approach. It will take longer, but you'll reach your goals and likely reduce your health risks. Of course, if your doctor insists on the surgery, he/she is hopefully knows best.