What can I do to get over losing 1 pound a month?

Options
I am about 25 pounds away from my goal. But for the past months I have only been dropping 1 pound or so a month with the same calories (1,500) and exercising (walking 12 miles/week).

Is this normal as I am getting closer to my goal weight or do I need to make a change, maybe increase activity etc?

ANY advice is welcome.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to your goal the harder it seems to get since you have such little room for errors. Have you recalculated your calories to make sure you are still in a calorie deficit? Do you use a food scale and weigh and log everything you eat?
  • weight3049
    weight3049 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    The closer you get to your goal the harder it seems to get since you have such little room for errors. Have you recalculated your calories to make sure you are still in a calorie deficit? Do you use a food scale and weigh and log everything you eat?

My calories for the day never change even when updating my weight, I'm guessing 1,500 is the lowest you can go for a male?. I am doing everything I did before which is weighing with a scale and logging everything.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    weight3049 wrote: »

My calories for the day never change even when updating my weight, I'm guessing 1,500 is the lowest you can go for a male?. I am doing everything I did before which is weighing with a scale and logging everything.

1500 is the lowest you can go for a male. Do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • weight3049
    weight3049 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    weight3049 wrote: »

1500 is the lowest you can go for a male. Do you eat back your exercise calories?

I used to last month, tried not to do this but still same exact results.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose faster and at a healthy rate is to gain weight to lose weight. Sorry, the closer you get to normal weight the lest energy your body needs: you need less energy moving around, less energy to keep your organs running and blood circulating, controlling your temperature, supplying oxygen everywhere, etc. So yes, it's normal that weight loss slows down the closer you get to goal weight.

This is me, but I don't want to be too lightweight as my calories to maintain weight would be too low. I enjoy food and want to eat an amount that is satisfying (plus my face looks sick and thing if I'm too low in weight).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    What are your stats? Age, current weight, height. You don't say whether you are working in addition to that walk you take.

Walking 12 miles in a week isn't going to give you a lot of calories extra, so I hope you are logging that correctly.

It's possible you are miscalculating somewhere. It's also possible you are trying to get too lean...are you doing any weights/resistance type exercise in addition to your walking? That would give you more definition and maybe change how you "see" that last 20 pounds. The last 15 took me nine months to lose and I was being seriously meticulous about everything. It's just hard at the end.

If you open up your FOOD page for us to view, we may be able to spot some common errors people make, like guessing on sizes, using cups instead of weights, using "medium" etc.

Go to FOOD > Settings, scroll down and click "Public" and save.