Want to lose 30kgs by December 2020

Hi all,

I want to lose 30kgs by the end of 2020..
Height - 5'2,
Weight - 87 kgs

Is it possible!??

If yes, then what would be the best diet plan and exercise to achieve my goal

Thank you 😓😬

Replies

• Kukkie157
    Kukkie157 Posts: 19 Member
    Thank you for the information 😄
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    @Kukkie157 you've posted this question in the forum "Goal: Maintaining Weight" which isn't aimed at weight loss. You might be better to post in one of the forums or groups that are aimed at losing weight.
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    Hi there as someone else has pointed out, this might be the wrong forum so you might want to post in the weight loss areas. I was at 86kg in January 2019 and by September 2019 I had lost 32kg.
    5seljqrpokfp.jpg

As pointed out above, calorie deficit is the way to achieve it and I did this by way of watching my calorie intake and exercising. I had a personal trainer and in the beginning, went to the gym, did walks with my dogs and ate relatively strictly. As I started losing weight, I let myself eat more and I played around with different types of exercise that I liked. These days (and not just because of lockdown), I don't go to the gym but I exercise using zumba and dog walking and am more relaxed about food.

Maintenance was fine, but I've found lockdown a bit challenging so have put back on about 4kg or so, but I know how to get those off. It's just that I've been less active when working from home - at work, I was constantly going up and down stairs and building to building for meetings whereas at home, aside from schedule exercise I'm largely sedentary.

It's really important to find food that you like and exercise you like otherwise you can't maintain it and you have to make sure you eat a healthy combination of foods and eat enough to be able to do the exercise you need. Good luck!
  • Kukkie157
    Kukkie157 Posts: 19 Member
    edited May 2020
    @koalathebear Thank you so much, that was inspiring ♥️
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    It took me 11 months to lose 55 kgs, which is faster than most (and starting from a class 3 obese position), so I would suggest giving yourself a bit longer than 6 months if you wish to lose 30kgs so you are not disappointed.

I did liberal LCHF wholefoods and intermittent fasting. The book The Obesity Code by Dr Jason Fung (or his videos & blog online) explains the what/how/why. His blog is on The Fasting Method website, and the Diet Doctor website is very useful too. Both of these have free content as well as paid membership options, I never did the paid membership - just use the free content (plus I bought & read some of Fung's books).

I've been maintaining for 5 months so far, haven't regained. I also reverse insulin resistance, sluggish thyroid, snoring issues, etc. I still stick to this way of eating, and will have to so I don't regain.

I do exercise for health benefits, but it is not necessary for weight loss (it was very hard for me to exercise when I started, due to my size & physical pain and discomfort, and I lost almost 40 kgs before I took up regular exercise beyond walking) - imho weight is mostly what you put in your mouth.

It's worth getting a check up with your doctor, to see if there are any underlying health issues that might be impacting your weight and health.

What works for one person won't necessarily work for someone else, so you'll need to do a bit of reflection and trial and error to determine what will work for you in your situation.
  • rosiekin
    rosiekin Posts: 78 Member
    I lost about 70lbs in 10 months eating an average of about 1500 calories a day. For the first 8 months I did no exercise but in month 9 I started swimming.
    I'm no expert but I suspect your goal is unrealistic if you want to lose weight in a healthy way.