Newbie!

Options
Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself - I'm Jane, 26, I am married and we have a 16 month old daughter - and I have just over a stone and a half of baby weight to shift! I found this site a couple of days ago when I was searching for a calorie counter and am impressed with it so far :) i'm hoping that posting on this forum will help with my motivation - it always starts out well but I lose all hope about 2 weeks in. Any support will be very well recieved and I hope to reciprocate!

Replies

• JaynieLou
    JaynieLou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself - I'm Jane, 26, I am married and we have a 16 month old daughter - and I have just over a stone and a half of baby weight to shift! I found this site a couple of days ago when I was searching for a calorie counter and am impressed with it so far :) i'm hoping that posting on this forum will help with my motivation - it always starts out well but I lose all hope about 2 weeks in. Any support will be very well recieved and I hope to reciprocate!
  • montanamomma
    Options
    Hello, my name is Angie 28 married 4kids. I always quit to, but this site is amazing. I am positive you will do well. I think the ticker you make under tools will be a big motivator for me.
  • JaynieLou
    Options
    I'm guessing this is an American site? I live in England, I guess I should say I have around 20lbs to lose, lol!

*runs off to make a ticker*
  • gperry227
    gperry227 Posts: 93
    Options
    Had no clue what a stone and a half was!!!!!!! Welcome.
  • montanamomma
    Options
    This site is used by people all over the world. They have a cool community for stay home mom's with members from australia, england, and the us.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • JaynieLou
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    welcome.gif

I'm 41, divorced with three kids trying to get rid of what I allowed myself to put on
  • stephaneyh
    Options
    :flowerforyou: HI! I'm 57 with just one child, a son 22 years old, and I've been struggling with my metabolism, huge appetite and general love of food all my life.......

Welcome:smile::heart:

Your child is SOOOOOO CUTE!!!! And, you are a very attractive lady, yourself!!

This is the best web site for making keeping up with your intake fun. Good luck to you!
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Jaynie! :flowerforyou:

The site is indeed for people all over the world, although the majority are American. I am from Bulgaria and I have met others in Europe. I have problems with both pounds and stones because we use kilograms but one thing is sure no matter how you measure your weight - MFP is a great place to be during your weight loss journey!
  • bitty_401
    bitty_401 Posts: 75
    Options
    I've here for a week now. I tried everthing you could name from pills, shakes, teas, weight control center, frozen diet food, nutrisystem and others suppliers, accupunture,etc. well, name it and I did it. Even shots at a clinic.Fine...I lost pounds. I went to gym.Nice. but once I stop them all came back and double.
    So how do I get here?Well I said to myself this year I'm going to make it different.Going to measure and log and exercise but to my own rhythm.And I'm doing it and it does work. I told my daughter in law that I lost 30 pounds like this and she told me about MFP.So I join and here I am.I lost one pound in a week and this is good.
    Oh, and began eating greens on my meals.(green beans, broccoli, green peppers,etc...)This accelerate metabolism.1/2 cup at lunch and 1/2 at dinner.
    Hope you'll like it.If any trouble, let me know.
    I keep in touch with some friends that I met in here and i ask questions and support.Just let us know.
    and Welcome to MFP.Hope you stick to it as I am.
  • bitty_401
    bitty_401 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi, there steph..If by any chance you could share how you lost three pounds already?
    and when did you began MFP?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :flowerforyou:

I love the term "stone" for measurement.
    I love all things British though.
    My bestest moved to the states when she was 12, so she helps fill in my gaps.
    And EastEnders is my favorite show in the WORLD!!
    (Local PBS station plays the episodes once a week. They are only about 6 years old. :laugh: )

Anyhow, silly rant.
    Welcome to MFP!!! :flowerforyou: