NO SUGAR! :(

Options
breezad
breezad Posts: 237 Member
hi everyone looking for no or really really low sugar recipes!!!

i NEEEEEEEED something sweet but im trying to limit my sugar, meaning 1 piece of fruit like straberries and defniantely no sucrose!
i have stevia as natural sugar substitute.

sounds really hard but trying to get a sweet treat without the sugar?

ideas of any reciepes that you can think of!!! :)

thank you

Replies

• HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you could make any of the desserts or treats you normally make. Just substitute the sugar with sugar substitute. However, you made need to use a little bit less of the sugar substitute in the recipe because they tend to be a lot sweeter than regular granulated sugar.
  • hollycurran
    Options
    i like to use plain low fat greek yogurt with frozen blue berries. I let the blueberries thaw a bit, then i add them in and stir it around, it's really good.
  • dishwalla
    Options
    mini cheesecake recipe I found

3-8 ounce packages, cream cheese
    3/4 cup sweetener substitute for sugar (I find you don't even need this much)
    1 tsp vanilla
    3 eggs

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Mix cream cheese until whipped slightly in appearance. Add sweetener and mix until well blended. Add vanilla. Add three eggs and beat just until blended. Pour into 18 metal cupcake liners (remove the paper and save for another day).

Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops begin to lightly brown or crack. Remove from oven. Cool in refrigerator for 4 hours prior to serving. Can be made ahead and stored for up to a week, covered. These can be frozen as well!
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    oh thank you so much foir the ideas so far! yummy!!!! thank you
  • kellydoyle76
    Options
    I weened myself off sugar years ago. I found reducing it over time down to nothing fairly easy, and this is coming off four sugars in my coffee. I don’t have cravings for sweet stuff anymore (except for that time of the month and I have dark chocolate) I eat a lot of fruit, and I can’t stand sugar in coffee anymore. Honey on toast is a good quick sweet fix