Sugars

Options
Hi all. I have noticed that if I eat three or four items of fruit in a day, my sugars are way over what they should be. Is this something I need to worry about as I thought fruit was good for you. Should I cut out fruit and eat some raw veg instead ? Thanks for any tips you can offer.

Andy. LOVING THIS COMMUNITY !!

Replies

• JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Some veggies have sugar in them too.
    If you are diabetic you would have to make sure you limit your fruit but raw fruit is better then juice by far. If you don't have sugar issues a couple things of fruit are great. Something about the natural sugars that arent as bad as the processed sugars in other things.
  • hollycurran
    Options
    I would sub in some veggies for some of the fruit. Fruit sugars are probably better than processed sugars, but I find when I eat high sugar, even fruit, I get cravings for more sugarey foods and I'm hungrier more quickly. But if it works for you and you're losing weight doing what your doing then that's great!
  • debradloff
    Options
    Hi Andy-

Fruits are fantastic, and if you are going to eat sugars, Fruit is the best way to get them, but if you are noticing that your sugars are way over, I'd stick to Berries and apples for your fruit intake as they are the less "sugary" of the fruits. It can also be helpful to switch-up with some veggies, but I'd go with some dark leafy greens, as carrots and celery have equally high sugar/carbohydrate contents.

I hope this helps!
    Best,
    Deb
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    i am the same most days im in green but everyday my sugars are in red but i think because its fruit i dont worry about it, its good sugar. I dont eat much veg as snacks other than carrots but im trying to eat more so i can lower my sugar but 2 b honest im not going 2 manage as just 2 bits of fruit puts my sugar over. I am thinking of taking sugar off my diary as i dont really pay attention 2 it coz its always good sugar. hope that helps :bigsmile:
  • patwilson51
    Options
    eating the fruit has got to be better than eating fats oil ect, just be aware of how much your eating
  • hedgecutter
    Options
    Thanks all very helpfull :)