2 months in and going strong this time

Options
My advice. Get a paid membership.
My weight has been up and down for years. 2 months ago I peaked at 221. I scrapped using fitbit and am now concentrating on MFP and have lost 14.4 lbs in 2 months. Here is my advice

1. Weigh yourself every day. Learn your trends. This motivates you to do better if you slip rather than throw in the towel
2. Get a paid membership. It is so cheap and it motivates you more to keep at it
3. Dont get down on yourself if you slip. Usually when you slip you are still much lighter when you started your weight loss
4. Walk walk walk. It's the easiest way to burn extra calories to still allow you a decent food intake. If you dont burn extra calories you cannot eat as much as you would like. I'm 53 with a snapped left pcl. I still walk 8 kms in the morning ( 2 laps of Wascana Lake here in Regina) and that gives me 600 calories more I can eat that day.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Awesome! I'm glad you've found what works for you. :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Coming back is ALWAYS to right thing to do. I like to think I'm back for good this time. It's been just over 5 weeks and 15 pounds fell off. I know how to do this!!

As to paid membership, strooth!! It really helps to have such control over my own numbers and goals.
  • paulcaesar67
    paulcaesar67 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In Australia we spell it Struth.

I feel I left previous times because I never participated in the forums so I am making more of an effort this time !!!