Losing weight with PCOs

Options
I'd love to connect with people who can motivate one another and stay on track. Losing weight with PCOs freaking sucks. And it's easy to lose track. But if we keep pushing each other we can keep the bigger picture in mind!

I was average weight through high school and when I went to college, I made really poor decisions and gained 80lbs within a VERY short span. And kept it on.

I lost 80 lbs 10 years ago (right after graduating) within 6 months (I was 22 years old). And I gained it all back, slowly at first and then with a bang. And I've been struggling ever since.

I've not been diagnosed with PCOs and endometriosis. I'm 32 and would love to start a family. We'll happy adopt in the future: whether we can or can't have any of our own. Conceiving a child doesn't motivate me, I want to be healthy and live a long healthy life with my husband and possible future family.

I'm motivated now (hopefully) to keep pushing but I'm going to need help ... I can offer support in return too!!!!

Replies

• asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi wo0psie. We're similar in age, I'm coming up on 35. I was diagnosed with PCOS over 10 yrs ago. I didn't even try lose weight until recently because I figured I would fail given the PCOS. Well I decided enough was enough in Sept and lost 15lb before getting the app in Feb. Now I'm down an additional 35lb!

You can do this. I got walking, and it's been a huge help along with logging every bit of food and sticking within my calories. I have no doubt you can too and you'll love your best life.
  • Ioanacamelia18
    Ioanacamelia18 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 32, I have pcos for over 10 years. I started to gain more weight in last 7 years. I have a son 5 and half years old. I had lost and gained weight nearly every year in these 7 years ( also due to pregnancy, miscarriages, hormonal tretments). It is hard but not impossible. My heaviest after having my sin 242. A month ago 231 ( after a 17 weeks pregnancy - miscarriage) Now I am 211 lbs. My goal is 132lbs.
  • wo0psies
    wo0psies Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Loanacamelia18, I am so so sorry for your loss. Having gone through (much earlier) MC, I can empathize. We have similar goals, let's connect!!

Asthesoapturns, thank you! It's motivating to see people succeeding in similar circumstances!!