Peri-Meno-Postmenopausal Weight Loss Supporters

Options
sealove67
sealove67 Posts: 2 Member
Started on Reddit, we are all in that special time of a woman's life and looking for support to lose the weight that appeared, seemingly overnight. This is a work in progress, we are all great masterpieces as we are, and this is a group that is ready to be open and positive and ready to both make changes and support others with their changes.

Replies

• Doresoontobehealthy
    Doresoontobehealthy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I swear I put on 75 lbs overnight. But somehow it doesn’t seem to want to leave as quickly. Dropping pounds in my 50’s isn’t as easy as my 20’s for sure. But I’m committed to make it work. I have some many reasons I need to become healthier now.
  • elijandou
    elijandou Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi.
    Saw this on Reddit. Am 58, hypothyroid, post meno, and get really bad diverticulitis (many hospitalisations and 2 serious surgeries) when I do keto or low carb diets. Am plant based food diet and since then have not been on antibiotics or been in hospital. BUT it is so high carb! Anyway, after COVID lock down has ended, have been very diligent about walking (2x week - 60 mins) cardio class 1 day, yoga 1 day, strength training and treadmill/rowing 1 day. I do not loose weight now even with being careful with what I eat. So, I am just planning on trying to get fit again. Focus on healthy living and eating.
    Live in NZ - so we have gyms etc all open now. My goal is to get fit, and be mindful about what I eat - plant based, whole foods, and hopefully some weight will come off. I am 72 kg and need to be 62kg. 5ft 1
    Looking for weight loss buddies. Husband does not ever put on weight!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been trying to figure this out myself. 54 and perimenopausal forever and getting worse. Seems like when estrogen normally drops, so can thyroid hormones. I just started on half dose of levothyroxine and it's helping a ton. I am experimenting with eating an anti-inflammatory diet, meaning mostly veg, citrus, fish etc. Little to no cheese and meat since both carry natural hormones.
    Retaining water like a camel, so really careful about sodium.
    Exercise at our age has to be daily; I eat at least 20 gr lean protein after workouts. Trying out weight resistance exercises 5 days a week. If I don't do this, any cardio I do seems to eat up my muscle and not my fat.
    Weight is starting to come off!