What to log as exercise ?

Options
I see people logging gardening and house work as exercise, am I supposed to be logging this too or only workout routines?

Replies

• M93KG
    M93KG Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    They are confused. Don’t do what confused people do.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. I logged a portion of my push mowing yesterday because I was coming off of a higher calorie burn day the day before and wanted to make sure I didn’t crash or end up ravenous later on. To each their own. Standing there watering the garden with a hose won’t amount to much, but other yard work activities can definitely add up!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    If I go outside to water and weed for a half hour, I don't count it. If i do my weekly housecleaning, I don't count it. If I push a mower for an hour, covering 3 miles, I'll log it. If I double dig the garden, I log it. If I shovel a foot of snow, I count it. If I help someone move, deep cleaning their house and shlepping boxes, I'd probably count it. For me, anything that is every day activity and that doesn't burn many calories, I ignore. Something extra that does burn a decent amount of calories I'll log.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    If it's your daily activity don't log it. If it's someone on top of your activity log it

If the only exercise some people get is mowing their lawn or gardening, if this is strenuous activity to them then it's their perogative to log it and it's not really our place to judge. Whatever gets people moving is great.

For instance I used my house cleaning as a workout the other day because it included moving a couch and piano. This doesn't make me confused....I'm thinking moving a piano myself makes me kind of a superhero.
  • wanderwoman2020
    wanderwoman2020 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If I go outside to water and weed for a half hour, I don't count it. If i do my weekly housecleaning, I don't count it. If I push a mower for an hour, covering 3 miles, I'll log it. If I double dig the garden, I log it. If I shovel a foot of snow, I count it. If I help someone move, deep cleaning their house and shlepping boxes, I'd probably count it. For me, anything that is every day activity and that doesn't burn many calories, I ignore. Something extra that does burn a decent amount of calories I'll log.
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    If it's your daily activity don't log it. If it's someone on top of your activity log it

If the only exercise some people get is mowing their lawn or gardening, if this is strenuous activity to them then it's their perogative to log it and it's not really our place to judge. Whatever gets people moving is great.

For instance I used my house cleaning as a workout the other day because it included moving a couch and piano. This doesn't make me confused....I'm thinking moving a piano myself makes me kind of a superhero.

That makes sense 😊