Hey spoonies!

Options
CharlizeGraves
CharlizeGraves Posts: 26 Member
edited June 2020 in Motivation and Support
Looking for spoonie mfp buds! Feel free to add me and comment below if you want to grow this community ☺️

Replies

• KateL121286
    KateL121286 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What's Spoonies?lol.x
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Spoonies are people with chronic illnesses that affect their lives in certain ways. There was a post that explains the fatigue of being chronically ill using spoons - you can Google it for more info but in general imagine you have 15 spoons to last a day. Getting dressed might use up a spoon. Having a shower 3 spoons. Going for a walk 5 etc etc.

I love that it's become quite common language. With some of my friends I can say "sorry I don't think I have enough spoons" and they get it.
  • KateL121286
    KateL121286 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Spoonies are people with chronic illnesses that affect their lives in certain ways. There was a post that explains the fatigue of being chronically ill using spoons - you can Google it for more info but in general imagine you have 15 spoons to last a day. Getting dressed might use up a spoon. Having a shower 3 spoons. Going for a walk 5 etc etc.

I love that it's become quite common language. With some of my friends I can say "sorry I don't think I have enough spoons" and they get it.

Ahh ok, thankyou for clearing that up, I've never heard of that tern before.x
  • MaintainInTheMembrane
    MaintainInTheMembrane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I’m a spoonie. Happy to add others.
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Happy to add. I am a spoonie. I just found out actually.