Ladies: Favorite Makeup Brand?

Options
2»

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the best bet would be to go to Sephora and get them to find the right shade for me, right?
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    I'm thinking the best bet would be to go to Sephora and get them to find the right shade for me, right?

yep! Luckily the girl who helped me picked the right one for me. Sometimes they don't do the best job and I find myself having to go back (this happened when I bought the Mat Velvet + AND Bare Minerals!)
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    good post. i really realy really really reall yreally really really really need a good foundation thats its too thick but stays on.
    i get really sweaty during the day on my face and all these moustiure foundations that are natural just rub straight off like cream, i need one that stays like forever!!! through gym, work, showering everything!!!!!!!

anyideas??
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    I'm in love with the foundation from The Body Shop. It's part of their mineral line I believe and it's light, airy, and I love it. I think I pay $17.00 for it and it lasts me like 4-6 months. I can't wait to try mac for the first time too, I love make up!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I don't wear foundation. But for powder I like Sephora's house brand. It's 20ish dollars. I do like Make Up Forever's eye shadows though . Maybe next time I run out I'll give that a try.
  • soon2b_1fitmama
    Options
    i wear MAC. studio fix :)
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    When I wear makeup, it's Bare Minerals. I have oily, but mature skin and it's hard to keep makeup on in the 115 degree Desert Heat! Bare Minerals does the best job of staying on and not making me look like I ran in to the back end of Max Factor truck!!
  • Natasha233
    Natasha233 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I really don't need foundation but when I feel a little lack-luster - I also opt for Bare Minerals.

My daily makeup consists of either of these combinations: A) Nude lip gloss (Benefit high shine) and MAC boot black eyeliner or B) Brown kohl liner from Makeup Forever HD and Chanel Ruby Lite lipstain

It's always one or the other along with a simple primer to seal the pores (Porific Benefit).
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    When I do wear make up it has to be Natio their foundation SPF moisturiser is fantastic for a light everyday wear. Because my gluten and wheat intolerance includes make up. shampoo, conditioner, soaps etc I had to try so many and read sooo many labels. I contacted Natio and they gave me a print out of their products highlighting the ones I can safely use, great customer service. :bigsmile:
    So, I have been using the shampoo, conditioner and body wash without any reaction.
    The make up selection is awesome the colours are great and the foundation is silky smooth :happy:
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    it's mary kay..its the best for staying power and doing what i need for my skin.. <3
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    good post. i really realy really really reall yreally really really really need a good foundation thats its too thick but stays on.
    i get really sweaty during the day on my face and all these moustiure foundations that are natural just rub straight off like cream, i need one that stays like forever!!! through gym, work, showering everything!!!!!!!

anyideas??

Get a setting spray!!! Urban Decay All Nighter is awesome. I wear heavy foundation and it stays on for 16+ hours, and through workouts, too.... it feels like you're spraying your face with superglue sort of, which is the whole idea, so I'm good with that. LOL.

And to answer the question - I use MAC foundation right now, but Revlon Colorstay is great too. I am thinking about switching to Bobbi Brown because I've heard good things.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Avon. All of it. I've tried tons of others and keep coming back to Avon. I love it so much that when the girl I used to buy Avon from quit selling I went into withdrawals. I used Cover Girl foundation for a while because that was what I used before I found Avon and it just dried out my skin. I got so desperate, I started selling Avon myself just to be able to get a discount on my own stuff. As soon as word got out, I had multiple people jump on board. Turns out they all love Avon too but didn't have a rep. I do have a few eyeshadows that I got from other palces that are good though. I've got 3 from Hot Topics that are fantastic colors. I also have mascara from Maybelline but it tends to get clumpy.
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    My favorite is Revlon's ColorStay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin.

I pay like $13-ish for it. I like this for the matte finish it gives me & trust me.. it was NOT love at first swatch! It took me a while to get used to the weight of the foundation, but I need the coverage for my acne scars & discoloration of my skin.

I've tried ALL of the MAC foundations & haven't found one I like.. YET.
  • infamousmk
    Options

I pay like $13-ish for it. I like this for the matte finish it gives me & trust me.. it was NOT love at first swatch! It took me a while to get used to the weight of the foundation, but I need the coverage for my acne scars & discoloration of my skin.

Have you tried Bobbi Brown? I also like full coverage and matte finish, and I've heard BB will get this done. None of the MAC foundations are a perfect match for my skin, so I have to mix colors, which is a PITA. I'm hoping Bobbi Brown will have a decent color for me.
  • paulahhhh
    Options

Have you tried Bobbi Brown? I also like full coverage and matte finish, and I've heard BB will get this done. None of the MAC foundations are a perfect match for my skin, so I have to mix colors, which is a PITA. I'm hoping Bobbi Brown will have a decent color for me.

No, I haven't tried BB, yet. I'm not sure if I'm ready to shell out $$ for foundation that's going to last me about 2-3 months. You know?!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I've tried so many foundations, drugstore $5 to $30 ones. I finally found about 3 that are my hg's.

Liquid: avon extralasting foundation
    creme: mark minareal foundation
    powder: mac studio fix powder foundation

I have normal to dry skin with a sometimes oily t-zone.
    I use avon pressed powder or mineral foundation to set
  • infamousmk
    Options

No, I haven't tried BB, yet. I'm not sure if I'm ready to shell out $$ for foundation that's going to last me about 2-3 months. You know?!

Oh, I hear ya .. I just suggested it because you said you had tried MAC, and BB is the next natural progression for me, based on similar needs as yours.
  • paulahhhh
    Options

Oh, I hear ya .. I just suggested it because you said you had tried MAC, and BB is the next natural progression for me, based on similar needs as yours.

:D Thanks for the suggestion, though! I might look into it, as the holidays are coming in a few months.. LOL Who knows if I'll get a Gift Card to Sephora this year or not! LOL
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I've tried a lot of different brands, but no real favorites yet. I have very pale skin...and getting paler (decided to see what would happen if I got paler rather than tanner like I used to lol), so a lot of stuff is off limits :)

But I like Clinique a lot.
    Lancome is a rip off for the quality in my opinion.
    Hate Covergirl...I hate a lot of brands as they get caky on me, and often oxidize to an orange color xD
    Revlon is pretty good for the price (owned by Lancome I believe)

Lately I have gotten into Korean BB (beauty balm) creams though, and they seem a lot better than most makeup I have tried...I highly recommend bb creams (they have very pale shades, tend to have extra functions (ex. whitening, moisturizing, firming), and look so natural o_o