what is better, daily weigh ins or weekly?

2»

Replies

• Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    Daily for me - I can do a lot of damage in a week. But it's really just personal preference.
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    I weigh and track on an app daily, I track on Fridays for MFP. It's better for me as if I'm retaining water for some reason on Friday, I don't have to worry about it. I know that it's not a real spike. I can see that it's went up two or three kg from the day before, and know that's impossible to be "real" weight, whereas if I weighed once a week, I may freak out thinking I'd really gained that much over the week.
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    I weigh in daily because I’m more motivated by small losses than I am by small gains. Weight fluctuates, even for men, so seeing the scale go up can be frustrating but not devastating for me.

If I were to weigh once a week and it happened to be on an “up” day that would be more disappointing for me since I wouldn’t know what had happened in the week prior.

But we are all different so you do what is best for your mental health.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    I find that, like others, weighing daily keeps my on track better than going a whole week.
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Because I struggle emotionally with what the scale reflects, I've found weighing daily is better for me and that was a surprising discovery. I really like seeing the trending better. I can be totally devastated by a number on the scale and if I was only weighing in once a week it might not reflect what is actually going on.