Hit Rock Bottom

Options
Angief05
Angief05 Posts: 102 Member
I have been struggling most my adult life with my weight. In 2014 I replied to a post on mfp that changed my life for the better. I got connected with a Beachbody coach/family that helped me go from 265lbs to 170lbs in about a year. I felt amazing, I was working out 6 days a week and had muscles I never thought I would have, I looked 10 years younger.
Well, I started doing kickboxing and injured myself( torn hamstring in one leg and tore muscle in one shoulder and damaged other. I had frozen shoulders for over a year) So, my excersizing had to stop per Dr. orders. I kept nutrition up for awhile, but then fell in to a deep depression. The BB coach I had suddenly was never around as they had family struggles. I felt lost and alone. I wouldnt even tell my husband how bad I was feeling. So, needless to say I have gained it all back in last 2 years.
Last night i hit rock bottom! I realized how bad i have let myself go again. I need to get back to where I was, I know that's not going to be easy. What scares me is fact I don't have the support to motivate like I did with the coach I had and the online fitness group i was a part of.
I am 56 yrs old and i know the older i get the harder it is going to get to lose it.
i want my hubby to be proud of me again i know he loves me, he tells me everyday, and he never comments about my weight, never has all the 37 years we have been married.
If there is anyone out there that reads this and can help I would honestly appreciate it so much.
Angie

Replies

• SlayLikeAWarrior
    SlayLikeAWarrior Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello Angie, sorry for the predicament you are in. The best advise I can give you based on your info above is to set your food diary goal to sedentary since you have some physical limitations. If have any more questions, please just direct message me instead. I don't get notifications and don't visit the community as often. So if I don't respond, that's why. Wish you all the best.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie.... Like you I have had injuries .... I had foot surgery this past March... I am planning on using my pool for exercise ...maybe that is something you might be able to do ......wishing you the very best ... Feel free to add me if you would like a cheerleader/supporter ...Best of luck :)
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie!
    Feel free to send me an add. The one thing I love about this website that keeps me coming back is the community.
    I would maybe suggest you check out the groups on here :) I do believe there are a few beachbody ones if you like the community they provide, but if not there are plenty to pick from.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    life happens. whether injuries, or other health issues or, in my case, being happy and stopping what im doing. i lost 130 pounds and have gained back 30 over the past year and a half. when im having to BUY bigger jeans and UNDERWEAR.... i knew it was time to get my butt in gear again.

feel free to add me. being active in the groups was one of the reasons for my success and maintenance (before i slipped up so bad), so definitely connect with people who share your goals :)