Eggs

Options
MizMoncheri
MizMoncheri Posts: 2 Member
I have an egg intolerance whenever I eat scrambled eggs, fried eggs anything besides boiled eggs I get very nauseated which is difficult in the diet process because I always considered eggs for breakfast does anyone have any ideas for a substitute for eggs? it's such an easy thing to make in the morning it's making breakfast recipes very difficult.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Could you consider something else for breakfast that won't make you feel sick?

Fruit, oatmeal, pancakes, smoothie, or something not breakfast related?
  • jtechmart
    jtechmart Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pasture raised organic eggs? You may want to give those a try to see if you get a different result. There is a chance your reaction is to something in standard eggs that won't exist with a healthier choice. Vital Farms is usually available in grocery stores and is a good choice.

Otherwise, smoothies with protein powder can be an alternative. Just keep an eye on any added sugar if your avoiding such things.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,348 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Oatmeal is easy. Doesn't have to be sweet. Lots of savory oprions are possible. There are several different grain-based cereals, including malt-o-meal or grits.

You could scramble tofu.

Could you prep waffles on the weekend and toast/reheat them? My husband lives on cold cereal...

Maybe muffins...I make a cranberry bread recipe into muffins and freeze them, thaw one in the evening for the next day?

Sausage or bacon & cheese on toast? If you eat meat...

Yogurt? Bagels with cream cheese? Toasted PB&J?

You could prep pancake batter on the weekend and cook 2-3 pancakes as quickly as a scrambled egg. Add peanut or almond butter.

And breakfast can be anything. I like indian for breakfast.