26 year old who thought her high metabolism would last forever! 😂

Options
Hello!

I've been using the app on and off since 2018. I am determined to understand my calorie intake and eating habits! I am hoping to lose weight as well, I'm so unhappy with my body, I hate how I look and feel. I use cushions to cover myself when I sit down and I wear very baggy clothes.

Back when I was 18/19 I was a healthy size 6-8... fast forward to being 26 and I'm a size 14, a very unhealthy size 14. While I have come to terms with the fact I won't be that thin again I just want to feel good about myself!

I do want to start exercising again as well, I would much rather sit and scoff a take away than workout. I have started on chicken salads which I am enjoying! Going to weigh in every week or so to track my progress. Any tips or advice would be fab!

Stay safe everyone! :)<3

Laura
xoxo

Replies

• mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Eat less - MFP can help by helping you track your calorie intake, but it's up to you to input the data and choose the foods you eat.
    Eat better - MFP can help by giving you information on the food you choose, but it is still up to you to make the choices.
    Move more - MFP can help by helping you track your exercise, but it is the weakest part of MFP because it does not record steps or other key types of movement. But it can help.

Yup, it really is that simple. But build good life habits, not just goals.

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    My tips.

Become accountable to yourself for your food/drink choices. Track it accurately & honestly. From there look for ways to make little substitutes.

For me, in the beginning (way back when) changes included:
    `Switched to diet soda - because I did not want to give up soda, and also did not want to waste calories by drinking them
    `used lighter versions of things like dressing, mayo and such in recipes/on sandwiches/etc.
    `Less fried food and more baked/grilled food

• crios24
    crios24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drink more water it will help make you feel fuller before a meal so that you eat less