Asparagus

Options
2»

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Cook lightly so they stay crunchy - steam or dry fry - and dip them into hard boiled eggs!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    A local recipe with white asparagus, but you can do it with green ones as well: steam your asparagus until tender, finely chop up a still warm hardboiled egg or two with some melted butter (a little goes a long way) and a handful of parsley.
    Salt and pepper.
    Serve as is, or with a slice of smoked salmon.

• allycs85
    allycs85 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Stir fry or steam here too.. I have mine as soldiers instead of toast with dippy egg for brekkie 😋
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I steam mine. I quite often make a dressing from olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It's very nice.
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I fried mine in a cast iron skillet in the grill's fire box while smoking some pork steaks. As other's have suggested I use olive oil, salt and garlic powder. Overcooked 'em because I left them in the pan with lid too long and they ended up wilted - but still tasty.

Think I'll go back to wrapping individual servings, 5 or 6 stalks, with bacon strips and grilling at about 250 degrees so I can check them frequently.
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I roast it with butter or olive oil, sea salt, pepper, feta and slivered almonds.

It's the only way my hubby eats it. Lol
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Options
    I remember eating white asparagus on pizza in Germany, so tried using green when I made my own at home (I use a wrap for the crust). Love the bit of crunch it adds.