Weighing day

Options
Just wondering when it comes to weighing yourself
When do you weigh yourself?
And do you weigh naked or with light clothes on?
I weigh myself in the morning with my pyjamas on (after my first wee of the morning)
Just curious how everybody else weighs them self :)

Replies

• LukesGreenMilk
    LukesGreenMilk Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same as you. Once a week, in the morning, wearing shorts.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,443 Member
    Options
    Clothes just add to the uncertainly as different clothes have a different weight. Naked of course, after the bathroom.
  • jennibear22
    jennibear22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning. Underwear only and after morning pee!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Every morning, after pee, naked. I log this into Happy Scale daily and only log in MFP when a loss has stuck.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The 'important' detail I think is for each person to be consistent, both in terms of what is on their body (or not) when they step on the scale as well as time of day. And using the same scale. If you weigh today on your home scale and weight an 2 hours later on your doctor's scale, even if you were wearing the same clothing, the scale readings could be different because a) they're calibrated differently and b) you may have consumed food and/or drink between weighins.

Personally after waking up, using the bathroom, before getting dressed. If something happens and my routine is altered - such as I have something to eat/drink before I've done my weigh-in routine - then I don't weigh-in that day.
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Every morning, naked, after I first wake up and after I go to the bathroom. I record every day in Happy Scale, and Wednesdays and Sundays in MFP.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Randomly throughout the week. I do try to do every Monday and make sure it's more often than once a week. I think I average 3 times a week. I only log if there's been a change of at least half a kg.

I also weigh in kg as last time I lost weight I did it in pounds and its a way of divorcing myself from previous feelings.
  • Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi

Is happy scale an app? Xx
    Every morning, naked, after I first wake up and after I go to the bathroom. I record every day in Happy Scale, and Wednesdays and Sundays in MFP.

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Yes, it’s a free app for iPhones (I think Libra is similar for Android). It logs your weight and has a algorithm to calculate your trend and make predictions, and it draws some nice graphs.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Every morning with shorts and my watch on. I deduct .2 pounds from whatever I see even though it it would be more to get me down to naked weight.

Because I rarely eat out during the week it is usually Thurs or Fri that I will see numbers with less water weight but not always.
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    Haha!
    Sunday is the worse weighing day for me. Haha after what I’ve eaten on Saturday! Xx
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Every morning with shorts and my watch on. I deduct .2 pounds from whatever I see even though it it would be more to get me down to naked weight.

Because I rarely eat out during the week it is usually Thurs or Fri that I will see numbers with less water weight but not always.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Haha!
    Sunday is the worse weighing day for me. Haha after what I’ve eaten on Saturday! Xx

Since it is very possible for me to eat out on Friday the upticks can begin as soon as Saturday. I have watched my weight go up then down 4 days later what feels like a million times.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Every single day for many years now (even before trying to lose weight) as long as I'm at home and able to do it. First thing after getting out of bed nekkid except for watch & glasses, after bathroom, before eating/drinking. I used to put a dot on graph paper to record (weight/date were the x/y axes). Now I put it in my weight trend app.

I use Libra (for Android) for trending. Someone previously pointed out Happy Scale (for Apple). There's also Trendweight (requires a free Fitbit account, don't need a Fitbit device), and Trendweight, maybe others.

They're not magical predictors, they just use statistics to smooth out random fluctuations so we can see trends more readily.
  • GetHeroFit
    GetHeroFit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh in underwear and after morning duties (but before coffee and breakfast). I love data, so I usually weigh every day, but really only focus on Wednesday and Sunday weights for loss purposes.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,175 Member
    Options
    Every day, in the morning after going to the bathroom, in pajama top (or nighty). Once with something heavy in my hands (to 'reset' the scale and avoid fake consistency) and then my real weigh-in after that.
  • Betcava1
    Betcava1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, the same for me every friday morning just wake up
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    After washroom before food or drink with glasses and Fitbit no deductions.

Weight goes into Fitbit and then automatically to trendweight and MFP.

Skip (recorded) weigh ins when I fail and have sipped coffee--except the day I had an all-time low in spite of sipping coffee! 😹
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,618 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday after morning walk and shower, naked. Then I'll record the average of all weeks at the end of the month in mfp.
  • Lildarlinz
    Options
    Haha!! Sounds like me novus!!
    To be honest I’ve been really good past few days...I usually put an extra on on here of there on my days off work...but I’ve maintained my weight :) back to work Tommorow for more exercise haha!
    Haha!

Since it is very possible for me to eat out on Friday the upticks can begin as soon as Saturday. I have watched my weight go up then down 4 days later what feels like a million times.

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, naked, right after going to the bathroom.