Looking to Reboot, and lose 50lb. Support needed please!

Options

Replies

• PotatoHead_
    PotatoHead_ Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @merfhur Welcome! Sounds like a war has been won already - and great that you are now able to turn your attention to your weight! I'll send you a group invite now, but as above, they are hard to find, so just go to 'Groups' and look for 'Rebooting' early in the list if you get stuck! Please add a intro to our group thread as some group members might not be reading this thread anymore - Thanks!
  • donnajean_423
    donnajean_423 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m getting started again. It’s definitely a journey. I decided to track what I was eating and was a bit shocked. I’m kind of a grazer so what I thought was average is way over my target. Trying to get a game plan going.
  • PotatoHead_
    Options
    @donnajean_423 It can be an eye opener can't it?! A couple of meals that I used to make weekly and thought of as 'healthy' turned out to be over 1000 cal a go. That was a few years ago, I like to think I'm a little bit more aware now!

How much are you trying to lose with your new game plan?
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Me me me too please :)

Just getting out of an incredibly draining relationship, avoided ANYTHING that resembled something I enjoyed to avoid narcissistic retaliation.

I feel so much lighter even tho I have regained about 25lbs.
  • PotatoHead_
    Options
    Hiya @donnajean_423 Just found your group request - welcome, and please introduce yourself in the Group members thread!

You too @rune1990, I've sent you a group invite, but you'll likely have to open 'Groups' to find it, as no one is finding the invites any good!
  • allenjamie457
    allenjamie457 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What are you eating for lunch? I am struggling with that while I’m at work
  • Anja0495
    Anja0495 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Heya :)

I’m an expert at yo-yo diets, loose 5 lbs, gain 10, etc. starting over again with a whopping starting weight of 274 lbs. My initial goal is to become a member of the U2 club again. 10 down and 65 to go. Add me as friend if you’re interested 😊
  • Anja0495
    Anja0495 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok, it’s late.. at least that’s my excuse. I’d love to join the group too 😊
  • PotatoHead_
    Options
    What are you eating for lunch? I am struggling with that while I’m at work

@allenjamie457 Mostly pre-packaged salads at the start of the week as can get them delivered to the house in my grocery delivery. Then start making my own later on in the week. I'm having smaller lunches so that I can have a proper dinner with my husband later on. Are you coming over to join the Group @allenjamie457 ???

@Anja0495 Welcome onboard! I'll send you a group invite, please introduce yourself on the members thread! And just follow advice above as to how to find the group as it's not as easy as it should be!
  • PotatoHead_
    Options
    @allenjamie457 Oops! I see you already did come over to the group last night! Lovely!
  • wife41313
    wife41313 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i am starting over again too, was doing great for about 6 months and then fell off! I still need to lose approximately 60 pounds. cw- 248.8lbs gw-185lbs. i am in need of daily accountability and motivation!!
  • allenjamie457
    allenjamie457 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @PotatoHead_ I didn’t know where the group was at first but all good now!! Thanks so much 😊
  • ashtree42
    ashtree42 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I see a lot of myself in the comments here and I’d like to join.
    SW=212lbs
    GW=160lbs
    5’8”

I’ve ranged from slightly to very overweight and back again and again throughout my life. Previously had success with MFP so want to try again. Just over 3 years ago I was 175lbs, but very athletic. Health issues nixed my active lifestyle and I’m a stress/comfort eater. Anyways, Now I’m trying to eat healthier and loose weight, and would love to be part of a motivating group.
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @PotatoHead_ just found the group and requested to join!

A little introduction: I am 34 years old and have goal to lose a total of 85lb. I restarted here on MFP back in March and am so far down about 17lbs. My goals are to eat a healthy balanced diet at around 1450 calories a day, and lose slowly so I have a better chance at sustaining long term change. I would like to also improve my fitness overall with both cardio and strength training.
  • louisbruce
    louisbruce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    Lost 1 stone in six weeks. Here’s what I found is best:
    1) set goal of 2lb a week (any less and I loose motivation as there’s not enough visible weekly progress, any more than 2lb and you will start to binge eat as you aren’t having enough calories to stave off hunger)

2) set baseline activity level to lowest level. Only record high intensity exercise like running or cycling (NOT walking).

3) record all foods and drinks.

4) if you fall off the wagon one weekend simply start again recording on Monday again. The excess weight will soon drop off once you start with it again.

5) weigh yourself once at the same time every day to record progress. First thing in the morning works for me.

Follow these and you will surely see a minimum 1-2lb weight loss every week consistently.

Good luck!
    Lou
  • PotatoHead_
    Options
    Hi there to all those newly commenting!

@wife41313 and @ChachChi I have sent you group invites, but as above they are hard to spot...so just come looking for the 'Rebooting' group - I think it's on about the second page when you click on 'all new groups'. @carriestrine I found your request - thank you!

Please all introduce yourselves on the Member's intoductions thread on the group, so everyone knows who you are!

@louisbrice Thanks for the advice - much appreciated. You're clearly doing really well - I do hope you hit your target soon!
  • PotatoHead_
    Options
    Oops, sorry - wrong name.
    @louisbruce Thanks for the advice - much appreciated. You're clearly doing really well - I do hope you hit your target soon!
  • Bexbeckboo
    Bexbeckboo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    @PotatoHead_ Another recruit here. Got it spot on with the "Obsession stage"! I am constantly checking and logging. I know the routine, I know it works, I've been here before and achieved. I also know how easy it is to let 'life' get in the way and get lost for 2 years in food sabbotage.
    I must beat this - for me and for my son.
  • PotatoHead_
    Options
    Welcome @Bexbeckboo - Group invite sent, but as above easier to just go looking for the group! Please introduce yourself once you get there!
  • SarahFox1118
    SarahFox1118 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Sarah. 40, transgender, in an open relationship with my soul mate, no kids and we don't want any of our own.

I'm just coming back to MFP and trying to get back on track with hitting my calorie targets... i.e. not eating too much.

My girlfriend and I just got new Fitbit Versa 2s but we don't like the community section of Fitbit and we used to have really good success on here before so we're both back and trying to make new friends with similar goals.

SW: 229.8 lbs
    CW: 229.4 lbs
    GW: 165 lbs

As I said, I'm just starting again. I'm trying the free trial of premium for the Hiring your Calorie Goals meal prep program.

I usually weigh in on Mondays but I used to with everyday to track the fluctuations throughout the week. Like I figured out that I'll gain 2lbs of bloating 2 days after eating a bowl of popcorn.

Anyway, add me. I'm in!