Stressed mother of 3 new to MFP and needing support

Options
hi everyone,

I need to lose a stone by Christmas. I'd love to have some support along the way and make some friends. I've put on weight just as my title suggests, looking after 3 young children and building a house. I'm on 1200 calories day and love going to the gym and doing zumba, yoga, body pump etc. I fall off my diet when I have the need to comfort eat and pick at childrens food, chocolate, crisps etc. I live in surrey, uk

Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Thanks

Replies

• robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    well dear you are at the right place! good luck adn feel free to ask questions! We are all here to help! and if you dont mind me asking......whats a crisp!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    well dear you are at the right place! good luck adn feel free to ask questions! We are all here to help! and if you dont mind me asking......whats a crisp!
    A crisp in the UK is a potato chip in the USA - I am assuming you are in the US right??? !!!!!!!!
    :laugh:
  • waterbabies
    waterbabies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lol! The good old crisp is a potato chip (I think that's what they're called in the US). We also have chips which are French fries to you guys.
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    How old are your kids?

I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 (ages 5, 4, and 2). I definitely understand your frustrations! Are you ever able to exercise?
  • waterbabies
    waterbabies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie,

I have 3 boys and they are 7,5 and 3. We're also in middle of building house so really squashed into one place. I'll start exercising again when the eldest two start back at school tomorrow. If I can't get to the gym then I try to do the wii or kinect. How about you?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I know It's hard when you have childern but they would benefit from healthy snacking too. Try to have :drinker: healthy snacks for them and you will not be tempted because they won't be there to temp you.
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Hi! You've come to the right place. There are lots of moms here dealing with the same issues. One thing that has helped me is getting rid of all the junk food because I could not help myself either when I had it in the house. Also, I have gotten very strict with myself about serving sizes. If I want a salty snack I will actually count out the number of chips or crackers etc. Same with chocolate. For my chocolate fix, I get Lindt's 85% dark chocolate. One square is abut 50 calories and believe me, it's enough! It just hit me yesterday that I have not had an actual candy bar in several months! I used to always pick one up at the grocery store and now I don't even look at them! You will get used to it and eating healthier will become a habit. Good luck and feel free to friend me. I have 2 kids, plus my hubby who is really just a big kid!
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Im a mom of 3 kiddos too 6 yr oldboy 4 yr old boy and an almost 3yr old princess. Being a mom is tough cuz we naturally put ourselves last.....Our kids need us to make ourselves a priority!!! were worth it!!!:smile:
  • cagirl5306
    Options
    I am a single mom of 3 also...I weigh more now then when I was full term in my pregnancy with twins!!! I have been on my own with them since the twins were 1yrs old. I started packing on the weight and now here I am. I will graduate college in May 2012 and am ready to walk across that stage feeling good about myself. I have forgotten what "me" is. Its time to find myself again and know that taking the time to be healthy is just as important for my children as it is for me. Look forward to building a positive support group here! Best wishes and God bless!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 and I totally get it! Sending friend request......
  • emj1978
    Options
    I've got four of my own and I am in the same place as you with the eating, totally shove things in my face while I'm walking through the kitchen or cleaning up after the kiddos' meals. lol I'll add you on!