Starting over with Always Hungry (Dr. Ludwig)

Options
Hi, My name is Dori and I have been a failure at weight loss. I think I eat a healthy (low fat) diet. I don't eat fast food and very little junk food. I have been logging my food for over a decade. I workout four times a week, about three hours each time, plus regular walking. I feel good from exercising but I don't lose any weight. My BMI is about 35. I hope my new eating plan will be successful. I am going to give it everything I've got. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    What are your portions like? I have the same issue and I found that my portions (dinner in particular) were toooo big and so I was still taking in a lot of calories a day.
  • jbaezamd38
    jbaezamd38 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you track your macros and have you calculated your basal Metabolic Rate? You might not be in a calorie deficit and that is why you might not be seeing results.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It's a great book, based on some excellent principles. Good luck!
  • xcc670
    xcc670 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm weighing and logging, religiously. I may not be in a deficit so hopefully I will be able to determine the right amount to eat. I am feeling better now that I stopped with the whole "non-fat lifestyle". After almost 3 weeks I haven't lost, but it seems the recommenced portions are too big for me. I'll figure this thing out.
  • xcc670
    Options
    Well, crazy at it seems my weight is going down. 182 pounds today. My highest was 203 pounds. I know the weight loss comes from calorie deficit. I'm still with the Dr. Ludwig program; low and high fiber carb with healthy eating including a good portion of fat.

I learned that without exercise I need to eat in the 800 to 1000 Calories per day in order to lose weight. When I exercise a lot I tend to overeat. I think I need to stay under 1200 calories after increasing exercise. I am 5'2" so I am still in the obese range. I need to be 163 pounds to be out of the obese range. Nineteen pounds to lose at one pound a week is March 30.

I purchased an Apple watch which will monitor my movement and count steps. This should help me keep up a minimum amount of exercise per day. If I start slow with the exercising I may be able to keep the calories low. My watch. I need to commit to hitting my food and exercise goals each and every day. Exercise Goals: active calories = 600, exercise 30 min per day, stand 1 x per hour, steps 10k/day, swim at least once/week. Food Goals: eat 800 to1200 calories per day, eat less than 100g of net carbs, eat 25g of fiber, eat equal fat and protein. My Big Why: I want to get fit (and smaller) to fit into my scuba diving/hiking/bicycling/swimming lifestyle.

I am taking medical grade CBD every morning and it appears to help reduce my random anxiety. I take 5mg of THC one hour before bed to help me get a good nights sleep. I am taking 10mg of CBD, but I would like to decrease to 5 mg and see how I do.
  • xcc670
    Options
    Checking in. My scale was at 179 pounds. I was very happy, but I am afraid to get back on after a big Christmas feast. I ate almost nothing for the two days after Christmas. I am back to my MFP logging. In general I want to have a consistent breakfast and lunch with specific macros. My dinner will be more flexible based on what my family is doing. I also want to commit to only one party/restaurant meal per week. My breakfast of coffee, collage, half&half and a piece of fruit works for now. I will have salad, soup, and protein for lunch. One snack of either greek yogurt or fruit and cheese.
  • xcc670
    Options
    Check in: The scale was at 185.
  • xcc670
    Options
    Checking in and it is not good. 190 I let my guard down but at least I know I can do it.