ckruz327
ckruz327 Posts: 1 Member
HOw do I add the number of steps to exercise log? thank you

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You don't.

The Exercise log is for an exercise with time and pace or speed and calories.
    Steps doesn't mean anything by itself except you were moving. That's not exercise, people move every day if alive.

If you don't have something linked or synced or read from that already counts your steps and talks to MFP, then go to Home - Check In - and create a measurement called Steps you can track.

But you can even go to MFP app settings for Step Source and say to use your phone.
    Obviously it only works when the phone it on you.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,515 Member
    Options
    If you do cardio workouts then log these, conservatively based on time. If you walk a lot in your job or household then that's part of your daily activity. Thus if you walk 10000 steps per day because it's just part of your life then you'd probably be active or very active.
  • manyasin
    manyasin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't record the amount of steps taken daily as a portion of your daily steps are just normal everyday activity, but when I go for planned walks or runs I use the app RunKeeper. It records the time, distance and if you put in your stats it'll give a pretty accurate calories burned which you can log on MFP. There's lots of different apps that can record this, I've just used Runkeeper for years.