Petite Ladies! (5ft and under)

Options
tanishadw
tanishadw Posts: 18 Member
edited May 2020 in Motivation and Support
Calling all petite ladies!

I'm 4'10 and my current weight is around 134lbs. My goal weight is 110lbs, but my heighest weight was 154lbs. I'd really like to add more people who are roughly my height (5ft and below), because you all will understand the struggle of not being able to burn as many calories, and consequently not have a huge calorie deficit day to day!

No matter how much you have to lose (alot or a little), please comment :blush:

Replies

• TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm 4"10 and 160. My heaviest was 168 and my lowest since was 148, but I've crept back up again. My current goal is to get back to 148 and then take it from there.
  • HCalanAlfano
    HCalanAlfano Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I’m 5’0 and 117 lbs. My goal is to be under 110 lbs / have a flat a stomach for my wedding next March! 110 lbs is my lowest, and 130 lbs. has been my heaviest.
    It’s a struggle counting a calories and exercising at our size! This frustration is actually why I’m on the forum. But I’m trying to show some self-love and be patient with my smaller body. Good luck on your fitness journey!
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’0 and CW 160 after my third baby (who is 18mo). My GW is to get back to 115-120 and I have been at this for over a month now and keep losing and gaining the same pound. I don’t know what’s going on because I did this before and started losing weight immediately. It didn’t get hard until the end for the last few pounds.
  • BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey all
    I’m 4’11” and am trying to lose baby weight then some lol. Had baby in feb and am currently at 177. Goal is 115.. long road ahead
    Currently doing the Liift4 program and running 3 times a week. Got serious about tracking food this week.

Excited to do the work with all you lovely ladies 🥰
  • beachbody4l
    beachbody4l Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    5'0 here!
    CW is 128 but my highest was 168. I maintained at 116 lbs for 2 years but quickly gained 15 lbs after turning 29.

Now I'm trying to get back down but losing weight the second time around is so dang hard. It's tough to find a good calorie deficit without being hungry 24/7. My tdee 1400 so it's a delicate balance to keep full but also not go over my cal goal.
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    5ft. Not a lot of wiggle room at that height. Lost 20lbs about year ago and have been bouncing around ever since. Need to lose another 20lbs to get to healthy bmi.

On another note how do I add friends?
  • louisejen5918
    louisejen5918 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi all, 4ft 10.2! Lol.
    My highest weight was 266 lbs. I'm currently 205lbs, I've never been anywhere near the goal weight for my height in my adult life so I don't know where I'll feel comfortable, I just have small goals for now, under 200 is my first 😁
    Determination will get me there
    Feel free to add me x
  • BreeBeas
    BreeBeas Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5ft here too. Current weight is 227, want to get down to 125. I also have hypothyroidism, so it's definitely like swimming against the current.
    I would welcome any new friends
  • chelseynewton
    chelseynewton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    4 ft 11 inches here! I just really started my weight loss journey a month ago, but I’ve been a MFP member for several years. Between medicines, being down from a surgery, and not caring what I ate I went from 125 lbs to 228 lbs. I’m struggling a lot this week. The first couple weeks I lost about 10 lbs, but since then, no matter what I do, I haven’t lost any more. It’s 2 weeks now I’ve been stuck at 217.6 lbs. I am so frustrated. I want to get back to my old self so badly, but I don’t know what to do to escape this plateau I hit in less than a month!
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" (maybe I've shrunk some, but don't want to admit it to myself). I have a petite bone structure. Yesterday, I was 133 pounds and 35% fat, according to my scale. I've never been at such a high weight or had such a high body fat percentage in my life. In my 20s, I was in the 90s and up until around 50 I was in the low 100s.

It's way too much weight for me and I feel bad and am concerned about weight-related illnesses that run in my family, so I'm reducing calories. Because of my sex (female), age, height, and current physical condition (I injured my ankle, never completely covered and haven't done any regular exercise, even brisk walking for years), my calorie maximum to lose weight is extremely low and losing weight is going to require a great deal of focus and determination. Losing weight had never been an issue in the past, if I was up 5 pounds I did something about it immediately. 20 to 25 pounds is different.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Between medicines, being down from a surgery, and not caring what I ate I went from 125 lbs to 228 lbs.

I hear you. I once took a medication that changed my metabolism and caused me to gain weight. It was my then-highest weight ever. Fortunately, I was able to go off it, but I had to fight a bit with the doctor who didn't grasp that I didn't have the energy to just work harder at the gym. I used not to be subject to emotional eating and could control myself with gentle self-talk but for the past year or so it hasn't worked.

• leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I’m 5’0” Started at 190 lbs. Currently at 150. Goal is 130.

Taking up running has been great for my weight loss. Before I got a lot more active every day was 1200-1300 calories. Now when I run I end up with 1500-2000 calories (depending on how far I run) and still have a good sized deficit.
    Do you mind me asking how you got started running? I've started walking and I'm up to at least 3 miles a night, but I'd like to start jogging a little too. I will do it in short spurts (crossing streets, etc) but it bothers my hips, knees, and ankles. Did you have that issue? I bought a trampoline to try to at least get the feel of running but I'm not sure if that has the same effect.

I'm 5'0.5" and 213lbs, with my highest weight being 8 weeks ago at 232.
  • BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    I’m 5’0” Started at 190 lbs. Currently at 150. Goal is 130.

Taking up running has been great for my weight loss. Before I got a lot more active every day was 1200-1300 calories. Now when I run I end up with 1500-2000 calories (depending on how far I run) and still have a good sized deficit.
    Do you mind me asking how you got started running? I've started walking and I'm up to at least 3 miles a night, but I'd like to start jogging a little too. I will do it in short spurts (crossing streets, etc) but it bothers my hips, knees, and ankles. Did you have that issue? I bought a trampoline to try to at least get the feel of running but I'm not sure if that has the same effect.

I'm 5'0.5" and 213lbs, with my highest weight being 8 weeks ago at 232.

Hey there, I picked up running a few years ago and I found the couch to 5k program really helpful. It’s a run / walk program that gradually increases your run time as you progress. You can repeat weeks as necessary also until your comfortable and ready to lengthen the run/jog time

Hope this helps!
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    BrendaS03 wrote: »
    Hey there, I picked up running a few years ago and I found the couch to 5k program really helpful. It’s a run / walk program that gradually increases your run time as you progress. You can repeat weeks as necessary also until your comfortable and ready to lengthen the run/jog time

Hope this helps!
    This is great, I’ll check it out. Thank you!

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 5ft 2" & every pound shows itself when there's no room to hide! My hubby not very kindly calls me a cube ! 😪 Starting a weight loss journey again after putting on during lockdown.Would love more friends to help & encourage me.
  • lightningbolt9
    lightningbolt9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" on a good day, currently around 120 and goal 105. I was within 4 pounds of it earlier this year at the time I ran a half-marathon, but with running events being cancelled and the heat of a Florida summer creeping in, I've gotten lazy. My eating has also become atrocious. I'm trying to get that back in order and start consistently implementing deliberate movement into my schedule again. I'd love some friends to cheer on!

@missGYST, I second @BrendaS03's recommendation of C25K. It's been several years since I used it, and I didn't follow the program exactly, but it was a great resource for starting out. Initially, I wasn't even able to run for 15 seconds!