Slimming body wraps ??

Options
YO!
so i am a bridesmaid a my Friends wedding in 10 days and although i am dieting the results are not quick enough for me to feel comfortable having all the photos taken with the other 2 skinny Bridesmaid and the supermodelesue Bride.. i dont want to forever look at her wedding Photos and see my Massive gut/Jowels.. obvioulsy in teh lead up to the bg day i am being as good as i can be but was wondering what the thoughst are on Slimming Boday wraps??

have any of you had one? was it beneficial? I realise this is only a QUICK fix but all i need it for is the one day... after that i will just continue to diet untill ultimately i reach my goal.

Any advice on if they work/ Best place to go in Cheshire and Price would be greatly recieved.

Cheers

Mia

Replies

• Oliversmummyx
    Options
    Hi, I've never tried wraps but would if I had an event as I believe short term is good inch loss.....however Bridget Jones style slimming pants are supposed to be ace, spanx being best......although not very sexy lol
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Didn't work at all. Spent 120 on 3 sessions and there were no visible results what so ever
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    what are body wraps?? :S
  • haemmerle01
    Options
    Hey Mia

I had one -Bioslim the other week. My friend (skinny) and me (overweight by about 21lbs) tried it. Made absolutely NO difference to either of us whatsoever!

My opinion (for what it's worth) is don't waste your money on this - invest in some good body sculpting underwear instead!!

Hope the wedding goes well!

Lyn
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'd spend my money on a great pair of Spanx, instead! They are AAAAAAAAMAZING and works wonders :) Do the 3/4 bodysuit, noone will be the wiser, you'll feel cinched in, look fab, and have a blast!
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    good to know it doesn't work. someone is trying to get me to buy and dh says it's BS. lol

You have to eat right too, right? i saw before and after pictures. amazing but i don't buy it. ;) and i was almost tempted. lol
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    hi

You could try your local Curves. Their website will have the nearest to you. I go and they are running body wraps at the moment. Its £20 for a session and the staff and customers who have tried it swear it works..like you say even if its only temp it would do. I don't think you have to join curves to attend a wrap party but you could give them a try.

Hope that helps

martyxxx
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Also - drink plenty of water (you should do this all the time anyways) in the lead up to the big day, cut up all sodium, dairy, fruit (sugars), and stick to lean proteins and easy to digest veggies. This will prevent you from feeling bloated on the day of and could help you drop a few quick pounds - water weight but pounds nonetheless! Good luck!

Cheers :)
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    tried it. big waste of money.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Do you mean those things that hold you in underneath a dress? If so go to M&S. They don't actually make you look smaller really but they do stop you being self conscious about flabby bits, and they are not that uncomfortable.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Do you mean those things that hold you in underneath a dress? If so go to M&S. They don't actually make you look smaller really but they do stop you being self conscious about flabby bits, and they are not that uncomfortable.

No, they're something you get done at a spa. They wrap your body and you sit under a heat lamp for x amount of time and the next day you drink a gallon of water. The point it is to rid your body of toxins and melt fat away....but its a jip!
  • caewing
    caewing Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you dont have luck with getting in for the body wraps then try Corrsets ( M&S, Primark, BHS, or Ann Summers). They work wonders.. I was just in a wedding last month and i didnt want to look like a big blueberry..(blue dresses.) Also a quick case of a stomach flu can drop a few, but it will come back quickly.
    Body wraps - do get the extra water out, but you put it back in after 2 glasses of tea or water. But you do feel better with less water weight.

Good Luck!
    Christina
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I have had a wrap party by a company called "It Works" I don't remember how much they are but you get 4 wraps in a package and it can help you lose a few inches but it does not last long at all but for a quick fix it might be good.
    You can look it up online!

Good luck and have fun!
  • tracey1986
    Options
    I was the maid of honour for my sisters wedding and got it done. I thought it was worth it. You go literally a couple of days before the wedding because it is mostly water loss and only lasts a few days. I lost a few inches all over in total and i enjoyed the pampering so think it's worth it.