Work Lunch Ideas

Options
smessom32
smessom32 Posts: 126 Member
I am looking for inspiration of what I can take to work for Lunch.

Would normally take sandwiches and crips.

Looking for healthy ideas

Replies

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    2 hard boiled eggs a fruit some veggies and a smaller source of carb.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I took pasta and vegetables for a bit - I liked pasta with peas, broccoli, and squash. I'd make the pasta the night before and portion it out for a few days at a time. For the sauce, sometimes I'd just do a bit of butter and Parmesan, and sometimes a tomato-based sauce.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I intentionally make too much dinner for my husband and I so that I will have lunch the next day.

Also - nothing wrong with sandwiches and chips if that's what you like
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    salads are great, hearty stews (veggies and protein), and wraps
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    When I don't food prep, I just cook extra food at dinner for the next days lunch.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I typically smoke several chicken breasts on Sunday. Then I take them throughout the week, in a salad, in a wrap, with some other veggie side, etc.
  • smessom32
    Options
    Thanks for the quick responses.
    Just a thought but could we use this thread to post pictures of our lunches to give inspiration to others.

Always better to see images than just read words.
    Would also give people an idea of portion sizes.

Given me some new ideas though.
  • smessom32
    Options
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What's a crisp?
  • smessom32
    Options
    SeanD2407 wrote: »
    What's a crisp?

Lol sorry !!!

Potato Chips to you.

Forget I’m UK based and most of you are on the other side of the pond 😂
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

I usually have a Mason jar of batch cooked soup/stew/chili/stirfry and a yogurt.

If you are finding yourself low on available calories (and in particular if having difficulty meeting minimums of protein/fiber/nutrients), then yeah - ditch the traditional crisps (super high calorie for what you get out of them) and bread for stuff more satisfying and supplying protein, fiber for those calories. (If not coming up short, then no reason to ditch them if you enjoy those for lunch).
  • vanpienaar
    vanpienaar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I at one point made myself some salads. Protein was either Tuna, Salmon or Chicken.
    Buy some red, yellow and orange peppers, cherry tomatoes, power green mix, shredded carrots, shredded cheese, low calorie salad dressing (oil and vinegar), nuts, protein, fruit (strawberries, apple slices or blueberries) and avocado. Cut up the peppers, tomatoes and avocado. Divide everything into five salads.
    Add salad dressing before leaving home or take in a separate container to put on salad at lunch time.

I also found Stuffed Peppers and Baked Chicken Breast with a side of Rice are wonderful intermissions from the salads every once and a while.