Trying to get rid of stubborn quarantene weight!

Options
I started my weight loss journey back in September, (I weighed 158 pounds and just felt sluggish and unhealthy). I grew up and went to post-secondary in a small town and was used to walking and biking everywhere....then moving to a big city, my mobility totally changed; I was now driving everywhere. Needless to say, the pounds started creeping up. So I joined a gym, downloaded a weight loss app, and within 4 months had lost 20 pounds, and was maintaing pretty well. Then COVID happened...gyms closed and I started working from home, (where my favourite treats from the fridge were mere steps away). It has been frustrating watching the weight creep back, so I thought I would give MyFitnessPal a try for some accountability. If anyone is in a similar boat, I would love to hear how you are coping.

Replies

• ivariggs
    ivariggs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. My weight loss journey started a long time ago, but during the quarantine it has been really difficult to keep from gaining. I've been doing some Intermittent Fasting, and I walk or bike everywhere (I live in a city without a car, but I do have a cargo bike). I have started biking a lot more, I try to ride every day. After a few weeks of that and still gaining, I joined MFP and am counting calories. So far I'm down a few pounds in a week. That's probably not sustainable but it's good motivation to keep going.
  • jfoley4676
    jfoley4676 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I gained 13lbs in 2 months of lockdown. I think it's easy to say "what else is there to enjoy" I get it, I have an incumbent bike but id rather be out and about. I haven't figured my own *kitten* out yet so my contribution isn't advice but encouragement. Good luck!
  • rosegreen12
    rosegreen12 Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I was doing fine-slow but sure, even during the lockdown, until the last few weeks. Rather than losing I'm bobbing back and forth, no matter what I do. I think what it is, the only thing I can figure, is it's really gotten to me now psychologically. I just don't seem able to take the continued (my state is slowly starting back up but I'm in a high-risk category so can't "open up" too) lockdown without depression. As far as coping, .....well? Apparently psychology has a lot to do with my weight loss. Calories intake is good, I'm very slightly higher on carbs, but not enough to make much difference. The only other thing I can think of is that I was moving a month ago so more nervous then.