Accountability Buddies Anyone?

Options
E_Val
E_Val Posts: 27 Member
No looking to collect friends. Just accountability Buddies. I just switched over from just using Fitbit and that was all about friend collecting and not encouraging anyone. So I'm back here to get and give real support! If ur interested let me know. 😊

Replies

• SarahFox1118
    SarahFox1118 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I used MFP for years and then got a Fitbit and started using their community and... things just got lost in the shuffle. Now I've got a new Versa 2 and I'm back on MFP trying the Hiring a Campfire Target program.

A lot of my old friends are still on here but it's been so long I want some new buddies with similar goals to me.
  • HayleyG2020
    HayleyG2020 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I could really use an accountability buddy. I'm struggling to even start at the moment. Would be great to check in with someone/people regularly, and discuss things that actually work etc.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat. I don't find it particularly useful to have "friends" on here - I'm more looking for people who I can actually connect with and thus feel accountable to. (Nothing wrong with friends I just found in the past that I end up with a very long list of them and since I don't know anything about them in any real sense it doesn't actually help keep me on track)

Below is a copy of the thread I posted. If anyone in here is interested in what I'm proposing SEND ME A MESSAGE (if you just send a friend request I'll accept it but I won't know you were interested in forming an accountability connection and so I'll just be added to the pile of people I probably never interact with if that makes sense).

Having been through the MFP deal before (such a sadly familiar story - successfully lost about 25kg, bounced around at an acceptable weight for a few years, life happened and suddenly realized I put about 20 of those kg back on) I know what works for me.

I think for some people there is value in big threads, checking in publicly etc and I have nothing against those ideas (in fact I use them too) but for me individual conversations work a lot better. The type of thing where I really feel like I’m getting to know someone.

So I am looking for a person or two who wants to communicate using messaging rather than a thread. Sort of a weight loss pen pal I guess! I don’t care about age/weight/nationality/gender/race/marriage status etc but I do care about the following:

1. Reliability- it’s not that we need to communicate every day or anything but I want someone who doesn’t just disappear for months at a time.

2. Writing conventions - my spelling and grammar is far from perfect but I want to communicate with someone who at least attempts to communicate with standard spelling and grammar rather than text speak or similar. I know being judgmental about this might make me a bad person but I don’t care. I just find text speak so unpleasant to read I'm not willing to subject myself to it voluntarily.

Basically I like making friends and having friends who are into weight loss will help keep me motivated.

Few rough biographical details about me to help any readers out there decide if I would be up your alley as a pen pal.

Need to lose about 20kg
    Vegetarian
    Married (to a skinny man - damn him!)
    Maths teacher
    Australian but spent most of my life overseas, currently under very strict lock down in Buenos Aires.
    Verbose!

If you feel a pen pal type set up would be helpful to you too send me a message and tell me about yourself.