30+ years old with 75+ to lose?

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm 37 years old and my goal is to lose between 75 and 100 pounds. Anyone else in the same boat? I could use all the accountability and motivation I can get and would love to support others as well so please add me!

I've been overweight my entire adult life. I've done low carb twice before years ago with decent results (30 lbs lost each time) but gained it back super quickly. The weight has only crept up through the years and after having children and I'm just over the constant struggling.

This time I'm dedicated to a healthy, reasonable, maintainable 1500 calorie diet with a 'slow and steady wins the race' mindset and will add in exercise soon as well.

"she woke up one day and decided she didn't want to be that way. So she changed"

Replies

• jajenis
    jajenis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ,I could also do with some motivation, I feel very heavy & sluggish,have gained 20lbs very fast,now weigh 223lbs , aiming for 170lbs,but first get it under 200lbs,which I did pre Covid lockdown,I have about 50/ 60 lbs to loose , i will send u a friend request.
  • Another4LetterWord
    Another4LetterWord Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hey. I'm 31, 5ft and have 60-65lbs to lose. Maybe 70 at most. Do I make the cut? lol It would be really nice to have people on here I can talk to and hold myself accountable. Also, I like giving tips and rooting people on : ) I eat 1550 calories, more than you! I'm very short and that may be too many calories but hopefully exercise will make up for it.
  • Sweet_A
    Sweet_A Posts: 7,694 Member
    Options
    Hi! πŸ‘‹πŸ» I’m sure you will reach your goal πŸ’ͺ🏻 I’m cheering for you! πŸ‘πŸ» You can do it! πŸŽ€
  • Houndsforme
    Houndsforme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new here as well. I'll be 39 in a couple months. I'm 5 feet tall and want to lose 65-70 pounds.

I've pretty much always been overweight but have had success in losing, I just haven't kept it off. I lost 67 pounds on WW six years ago, but life happened since then and here I am. My head is in a different place now so I thought I'd give MFP a try for tracking and get back into calorie mode. :)
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    32 with around 100lb to lose. My goal really is to be 150 and I'm about 274 now. Kids definitely don't make it easy lol. I woke up one day 6 weeks ago with that mentality of your quote and am on a more focused and committed way of living than I ever have had before. Good luck!
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 with 100 lbs to lose. Please add me as a friend. Would like to encourage others and receive some as well.
  • JessWill2020220
    JessWill2020220 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to add friends yet! This is my first time in the community but I need friends! I'm 32, I have a 4 year old and 1 yr old twins. I need to be healthier and lose 80ish pounds.