Vegan

Options
Hi , my name is Carl, I am transferring to becoming a vegan. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Add me to follow my journey and I can follow yours.

Replies

• sarahphang1111
    sarahphang1111 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Carl! Well done on the decision!
    I'm mostly plant based apart from dairy and eggs in cake coz I loved them but now I've just started with a vegan coach so am going 100% in! Totall keen to help you transition. Already got some good recipes going. Let me know how I can help.
  • katmjames420
    katmjames420 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    We have been a vegan family for 2 years but we are running out of child friendly recipes to try!
    we slipped off the healthy eating bandwagon in lockdown and looking to get back on it. Luckily my kids would live off fruit and veggies if they had the chance so thats something I guess haha
  • dru66mfp
    dru66mfp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh!!! Adding you guys!

This April was my 10yr Vegan anniversary. Although it's incredibly easy to become vegan these days it's also really really hard to become a healthy vegan! Now you can buy so many different vegan cakes, cookies, cheeses, candies and I want to try them ALL!!
  • sdgbta
    sdgbta Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is so true. There has never been so much vegan junk food! I feel like we are missing out on nothing these days.

I'm not really a foodie, so not much help there. All my meals are simple and I eat the same things all the time. But happy to have new friends and will help if I can. Coming up on 5 years now. 🌱
  • CharlizeGraves
    CharlizeGraves Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I’ve been vegetarian for almost 15 years and loosely vegan. Anyone is welcome to add me! I keep my food diary open so lots of ideas there for ya 🌱
  • ButICouldNeverBeRaw
    ButICouldNeverBeRaw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im vegan for many years and mostly WFPB with raw. My diary is open! Feel free to add me.
  • evilwitchvegan
    evilwitchvegan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Second year as vegan after 29 years vegetarian. I make most of my meals from scratch and grow a fair bit in my home allotment.
  • Peachesanddinosaur
    Peachesanddinosaur Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    *Poof* VEEEEEGAAAAAN <3
  • capgordon81
    capgordon81 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Am slowly trying vegan food and its great food taste great
  • allycs85
    allycs85 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm not vegan but my diet is 100% plant based 😊
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan over 8 years now. At first, I ate all the good stuff. Then came the convenience foods...you know what I'm talking about. I'm back up to 195, so I need to lose 40 pounds. Kinda in a rut right now, but trying to get out of it. I'm sending friend requests :smile:
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello! My husband and I have been vegan for over 2 years now and we absolutely love it! Feel free to send a friend request :)
  • fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi Carl (and everyone else)! I've been vegetarian for 30ish years and have been trying to move towards a more vegan diet for a while. I'd love some inspiration and support.
  • anderswin
    anderswin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also transitioning into vegan. Following for tips.
  • Eilis_is_ainm_dom
    Eilis_is_ainm_dom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian for 45 years, and am trying to be vegan. I would love to add you all as friends!

My issue is keeping my blood sugar stable, I’m not diabetic but I seem to have reactive hypoglycemia because of the carbs (it doesn’t go too low anymore but it rises quickly and drops).

Anyone else have this issue?
  • aboutbloodytime
    aboutbloodytime Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been vegan about 7 years and vegetarian for over a decade prior.
    Feel free to ask me any questions 🌿🙂
  • johnshephernutrition
    Options
    Its great to know that you are transitioning, I am a new recruit myself and the feeling is just great. As I am quiet concious about what I put in my body i was really scared in the start but I have been try some really good vegan products such as Reishi Mushroom Uk from "https://vegan-vitality.co.uk/products/mushroom-supplements&quot; Vanity Vegan. Do try it!!

-John
  • Soooogie
    Soooogie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Carl. What advice do you want with respect to being vegan? The only point of warning I have for you is that it's very easy to eat vegan but still eat like trash. Like almost any diet, concentrating on whole foods and avoiding processing is always your best bet. I've been doing the veg*n thing for a while now so by all means ask any questions you'd like.