Intermittent fasting

Has anyone tried intermittent fasting ? And if so has it worked for you?

Replies

• Manga23
    Manga23 Posts: 47 Member
    What do you expect from intermittent fasting ?
    And why do you want to use it? It helps in different ways depending what your goal is.
  • jenishort
    jenishort Posts: 5 Member
    I have been doing it for a month now. However, I just really learned how to do it correctly. I typically try to to the 18:6 method. And I try to eat my last meal at 6 pm. I have lost around 8ish pounds and started incorporating cardio with IF. Exercising when in the fasted state feels unbelievable. I also feel better and sleep much better because I do not go to with a full stomach.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    jenishort wrote: »
    I have been doing it for a month now. However, I just really learned how to do it correctly. I typically try to to the 18:6 method. And I try to eat my last meal at 6 pm. I have lost around 8ish pounds and started incorporating cardio with IF. Exercising when in the fasted state feels unbelievable. I also feel better and sleep much better because I do not go to with a full stomach.

How does one do it correctly? Not trying to be a smart *kitten*, but I keep seeing people talk about doing it right or doing it correctly and I'm curious what they mean.
  • jenishort
    jenishort Posts: 5 Member
    What I mean is I eat a healthy meal to break my fast. Many assume that you can eat whatever you want during the eating period. That is not true. You should break your fast with something with nutritional value, not a hamburger and fries.
  • w4lk1t0ff30
    w4lk1t0ff30 Posts: 12 Member
    I like fasting occasionally, one day a week max. Can help reset me if I feel I need it!
  • Manga23
    Manga23 Posts: 47 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    jenishort wrote: »
    What I mean is I eat a healthy meal to break my fast. Many assume that you can eat whatever you want during the eating period. That is not true. You should break your fast with something with nutritional value, not a hamburger and fries.

Your understanding of nutrition a what is "healthy" totally lacks the context of amount, frequency and context.

I had a Cheeseburger and fries for dinner, I had yogurt, chocolate protein powder, fruits and nuts for my other meal today. I also had blackberry crisp with vanilla ice cream, hit my macro targets within reason and was at my calorie target. Why would this be unhealthy??

Context and dose matter.

And that's a healthy relationship with food. There are no good or bad food categories. Some have less nutritients than others but it doesn't mean its totally bad to eat it.
    If it fits your macro's just eat and you'll be happy and healthy .......win win situation.

I do intermittent fasting once in a while. For me its an easy way to create a deficit. Or I use it to pause when I have a lot of issues because of hitamine intolerance. It's not a miracle diet.