Weigh more on period?

Options
I felt so good this weekend! I was finally starting to show that I was losing, and then I started my period and I gained back 2 lbs! Is that normal, and will it come back off when I stop? I am so frustrated! Thank you all! Have a happy Tuesday!

Replies

• jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    We retain more water during our lady time :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    You retain water. It will go away
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's quite normal.
    Many women retain water (and sometimes solids) while menstruating.
    The big plus is that you usually get to watch it all come off at once at the end of your period. :)
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    It always surprises me how often I see this question from a woman. Lol. Yes it is normal to retain water while on your period. Drink extra water to help flush out the excess. You will be back to normal in a few days. :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    ..... ..... .....
  • PrincessStubbie
    PrincessStubbie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If I am not mistaken we retain more water during our cycle which would add weight, so I would just keep doing what you're doing and you should be fine! Hopefully someone will have a more definitive answer for you. Have a great day!
  • runningmom1977
    Options
    It's not unusual for me to gain 5lbs a few days before my period, and it usually comes off after a few days into it.
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    As long as I stick to my eating and exercise plan while on my period, the extra weight always comes off as it ends. Just don't fall into the trap that I did pre-MFP, where I thought I could eat more or stop exercising because weighing more is "normal" during that time.
  • naomirog
    naomirog Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking this question as i am in the same situation...my belly has come back..felt soo good last week :( Roll on next week!!! :)
  • Debs1971
    Options
    Exactly the same as you today! although its 4 pounds! Have done my exercise and stuck to the calories.. its so demorilising!! :grumble:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I sometimes "gain" up to 7 pounds a few days before my period starts, but my weight is normally back down within a couple of days. Remember it's not a real gain, and the scale isn't telling the whole story.
  • mdperry
    Options
    I'm always up 2 pounds during mine. I drink more water and that seems to flush it out.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Read this :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kapeluza

It's the ANSWER to your period question with backup data!!!