How do I log Krav Maga?

Options
In what category do I log Krav Maga? Martial Arts? Also, if a 2 hour session burns about 750+ calories, I am supposed to eat half of it right? I am feeling extremely hungry after the sessions though. Like I ate around 2000-2500 calories the last 2 days.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    When I was doing Judo, I logged it under martial arts. The calorie count it gave me was outrageous, though. I don't remember what it was, but I wouldn't have eaten but maybe 30% of them.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Our one-hour judo sessions go something like this:
    10 minutes warmup
    20 minutes technique (which would be lightly throwing someone or rolling on the floor)
    20 minutes randori (sparring)
    10 minutes cooldown.

I would only log the 20 minutes of sparring and eat those calories back (about 200 ish calories). Our Saturday sessions are two hours long and more intense so I log those in as 2 hours but I only eat back maybe 600ish calories. Twice a month we spar with other clubs which is also intense so I log those as one hour.
  • cmentis182
    cmentis182 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When I was doing Judo, I logged it under martial arts. The calorie count it gave me was outrageous, though. I don't remember what it was, but I wouldn't have eaten but maybe 30% of them.

I am also very skeptical about the calorie count. Think I will eat 40-50% of the calories. Except I am getting so hungry. Hungry is actually an understatement. Ravenous to the point where I ate 3 lbs worth food in one go.
  • cmentis182
    cmentis182 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    swirlybee wrote: »
    Our one-hour judo sessions go something like this:
    10 minutes warmup
    20 minutes technique (which would be lightly throwing someone or rolling on the floor)
    20 minutes randori (sparring)
    10 minutes cooldown.

I would only log the 20 minutes of sparring and eat those calories back (about 200 ish calories). Our Saturday sessions are two hours long and more intense so I log those in as 2 hours but I only eat back maybe 600ish calories. Twice a month we spar with other clubs which is also intense so I log those as one hour.

I have done Judo, jiu jitsu, muay thai before. This krav maga sessions are either much physically taxing or that I have become physically unfit than I used to be since I have not trained for ages. The sparring with other clubs sounds so fun :#
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yup, sparring with other clubs is a lot of fun. I live in a small town and this is the only place to do judo within two hours of here. Up until this past January, I was the only woman in the club. The other clubs we would fight is an MMA/jiujitsu place so I go to roll with other women. No striking but I would pick up things here and there. One of the black belts in my judo club has been doing muay thai for years so I've picked up bits and pieces here and there.