So hungry today

Options
mc62412
mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
edited June 2020 in Food and Nutrition
So my day started off with a home made ham egg and cheese on a plain bagel thin with a little butter. Iced coffee with Splenda and almond milk.
Then I did 30 mins of a HIIT video I found on you tube. ( around 930 ish am )
By the time I got to work today ( 12 pm ) I ate some grapes and a banana with water.
By 330 I felt like I was starving so I ate my dinner. 2 pieces of chicken tenderloin with some rice and another water.
Snacked on some chocolate mini rice cakes some where in between.
6 pm and felt hungry .... AGAIN !
Why ?!
I went to Panera bread and got half a chicken sandwich and their bag of chips, with some more water.

The exercise today gave me 323 calories in the bank and I start the day at 1480 or 1460. Well, I was trying to not eat my exercise calories. But ended up dipping into the bank for 21 of them.

Why the f am I so dang hungry today ?!
Was it the type of exercise I did ?

In the past my exercises have been yoga, Zumba, walking, some strength training and a one time try kick boxing video. And I don’t recall being THIS hungry after any of those work outs.

AND....I still have 5 hours of work left. I feel like when I get out I’ll be starving again. Well see.

Anyone else have days like this ? How do you conquer them.

Replies

• steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hi. Don’t try to “ not eat your exercise calories.” That will definitely keep you starving. Your metabolism is revving and needs those calories or else you’ll go into starvation mode and your metabolism will die. I always eat all my calories from exercise minus maybe 50 or 100 but if I want them I eat them all!
  • mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    steph6556 wrote: »
    Hi. Don’t try to “ not eat your exercise calories.” That will definitely keep you starving. Your metabolism is revving and needs those calories or else you’ll go into starvation mode and your metabolism will die. I always eat all my calories from exercise minus maybe 50 or 100 but if I want them I eat them all!

Thanks for the tip. I thought the idea was to not really eat them.