Intermittent Fasting

Options
What is everyone experiences with intermittent fasting??

Replies

• AbbyMenser
    AbbyMenser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you skip maybe one meal a day then it might help. For me I got to lose weight but both my other meals had to have a lot of protein to work, and not be unhealthy
  • tyravanad
    tyravanad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been on intermittent fasting since mid April. I haven't weighed myself yet but I've lost a lot of centimetres around my waist. I can't fit into some of my tights and some of my tops are a lot looser now
  • Red_Kerb
    Red_Kerb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ivariggs wrote: »
    I'm basically using IF to "create a caloric deficit" as Go_D posted. It's hard for me to keep calories low if I allow myself to eat from sunrise to bedtime... I'm also counting calories because that has worked for me before.

The exact same thing with me !
  • jfoley4676
    jfoley4676 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Im doing omad last week, will continue for a week. Shock the system. Then switch to 18/6 or 20/4
  • capgordon81
    capgordon81 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey there guys how are you all doing am allan from Scotland would love to make new friends and pick ur brains on fasting. Ferl free to add me
  • capgordon81
    Options
    cdeg0gsds2xc.jpg
  • darksideofthetoon
    darksideofthetoon Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I’ve found IF pretty easy to do by just skipping breakfast and having nice coffee instead. It leaves me able to eat a big lunch and dinner and still be in a caloric deficit. I find it useful for cutting!
  • capgordon81
    Options
    Cheers man
  • dawkson2017
    dawkson2017 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yooo.... this works for me....
    Black coffee....
    Breakfast at 10am
    Lunch
    Main meal 4pm ish
    Big pot of black tea during screen time.
    No snacks.
    No bread, cake, biscuits, crackers in the house.
    Weigh and log everything.....
    Resist and Persist
  • cea1982
    cea1982 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm using 24 hour Intermittent Fasting every other day with a Keto diet keeping my macros at about 70% to 80% Fat, 20% to 25% Protein, and under 5% Carbs. I start my IF following my last Dinner. I then have nothing but Apple Cider Vinegar & Water and Green Tea through all of the next day. I take my morning supplements as usual with the hot tea. I break the fast with a cup of Bone Broth about 1 hour before dinner. I then usually eat a hearty breakfast for dinner along with my evening supplements - a total of about 900 calories. I eat a normal 3 meals the next day with 3 "snacks" keeping my calories around 1700 or so. Fish at least once a day. Chicken at least once a day. Eggs and pork sausage every morning. Psyllium fiber for my "snacks". No fruit. Occasional 1 oz. of nuts like Macadamia every so often. Green vegetables only - lettuce, cabbage, spinach, broccoli, avocado - and the occasional onion and shallots. Put garlic on everything. I test Blood Glucose 3 times daily and Ketones 1 to 2 times daily. So I end up fasting 3 times per week...usually Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. I walk at least 3 miles a day, lift heavy weights on fasting mornings along with HIIT cardio. Requires discipline. Change doesn't happen overnight.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF for a couple months now and loving it. As posted above, eating at a calorie deficit is way easier for me if my eating window is smaller. 2 meals a day=bigger meals. I just have coffee in the morning and my window is 1pm-9pm
  • theeliselim
    theeliselim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 years old and before I started this journey, my weight was 117kg (5th June) and now I'm 109kg (24th June). Although I'm no where near my goal yet but I'm so proud of myself for doing what I'm doing. Just continue to push through it. I dont really do much exercise i just do about 3 times per week sometimes home workout and sometimes i will go for at least 4km walk. You need to find a diet that suits your lifestyle. Oh yes, sleep is very important too. I feel that IF really helped changed me mentally and physically. Thank god 🙏 I feel hopeful 😀🧡 you can do it too!!!!!
  • Yogagrl444
    Yogagrl444 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started intermittent fasting with a loose window... 15-16 hr fast. For the past 2 weeks, i lost 2.5" in my waist, 1.5" in my thighs. The scale has not gone down much, but I've learned to not go by that alone, so still hoping that will change soon! I'm walking, biking, doing yoga, and just started weight training (lightly) 3 days a week. Eating in a window has definately helped me curb my snacking tendencies and has also helped me tremendously with digestion issues! Initially, I started this because I constantly felt bloated and suffered from acid reflux. IF is great for healing the gut! I've found that I sleep better now too, just not snacking at night helps... Although on the weekends i might "cheat" and have popcorn after my window's over but it hasn't seemed to effect things too much. As long as you're in a calorie deficit, you will still lose weight... and this is a journey, not a destination right? lol

Good luck ya'll!