is this daily weight fluctuations normal?

Options
aecajt52ghad.jpeg

this week i’ve tried weighing myself everyday so i can see the fluctuations and so that i stop feeling so much pressure the day before weigh in day

is the fluctuations shown in the image normal? is this a sign i should change something like maybe eat less or move more? kinda sad that there hasn’t been any progress

Replies

• trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    and i understand that fluctuations are normal but i’m sad that it hasn’t gone down but i’m thinking it’s bc i haven’t had a bowel movement in a few days?? (tmi sorry)
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Here is mine over the course of a month set at a .5lb deficit.
    etr5uzbdd9t6.jpg

Yes fluctuates are normal. Though in the last month i've barely lost over a lb, but i'm at the point where the simplest logging error can hinder it. Typically I have more spikes, I guess this month I was lucky to only have 2 days where i was about 4-5lbs heavier than normal. Maybe ate a lot of sodium the day before.

My lowest point was actually about 2 weeks ago and I have not hit that again, but I assume I will eventually. Probably the same for you, with your lowest being earlier in the month.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,639 Member
    Options
    Anything you carry inside or outside you, that gets on a scale, has weight.

Your scale is too consistent actually. Unless you're on an absolutely level utterly unyielding floor, it is officially a fake consistency suspect.

Most scales these days show the same value when they detect small changes and continue to do so until they detect a larger change

Grab a heavy bottle, weigh yourself, then get off, drop the bottle and weigh yourself again. (Anything that's a lb or two).

If both scale and moving average are not moving the same way, some interpretation is required!

Causes of water retention are many--and even more so for females. Some of my MFP friends only see their lowest weight for only a few days every month!!

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Looks normal to me.

This (below) is my last few days, in a context where I've been trying to lose weight ultra-slowly, and overall dropping roughly a pound a month for the last few months. I've been weighing myself daily for literally years. My scale weight went up the last couple of days (salt and carb fest :lol: ), but I'm on track to keep losing very, very slowly over the long term.

Within the span of a few days, anything can happen. Bigger quick changes are water weight or digestive contents (<= the bowel movement is relevant to that part). Fat changes are more gradual, and hide behind the water fluctuations over days to even up to a few weeks.

Bodies are weird. Don't worry! :flowerforyou:

rhqiw9mc2ngl.png