Weigh in day......do you

Options
Just “know” when you have lost or gained weight before you step on those scales even though you feel you have been good the whole week.?

I’m 90% right most of the time, I strip naked after my first wee and rub my belly (don’t know why) but I can just tell......can you/anyone else feel like this pre weigh in ?

Replies

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I can tell if I've gained, but not if I've lost. Usually.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I usually know when I'm in a deficit overtime just from how I feel, as for the scale, not really. It responds very highly and can fluctuate due to my exercise so there isn't always a way to tell
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily to avoid losing momentum. Everyone is different. But for me if I only do it weekly, and the one day of the week I step on the scale happens to be the day I'm actually up a couple of lb's I'm conditioned to know its just part of the wave.
  • kuvadog
    kuvadog Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Blythmag wrote: »
    Just “know” when you have lost or gained weight before you step on those scales even though you feel you have been good the whole week.?

I’m 90% right most of the time, I strip naked after my first wee and rub my belly (don’t know why) but I can just tell......can you/anyone else feel like this pre weigh in ?

Ha! YES! I do the exact same thing- minus the belly rub. I just exhale (long) then step on the scale 😊. And my guess is usually on target with what the scale shows. Glad to hear other people have similar rituals!
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    kuvadog wrote: »
    Blythmag wrote: »

Ha! YES! I do the exact same thing- minus the belly rub. I just exhale (long) then step on the scale 😊. And my guess is usually on target with what the scale shows. Glad to hear other people have similar rituals!

Welcome aboard.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    If I could just tell, I wouldn't need the scale. 🙂
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I just weigh every day. Then it’s not like some event where all my work comes down to that one weigh in. Sometimes it’s up, sometimes it’s down. As long as the overall trend is down then I’m good.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes, minus the belly rub! Where did that little tradition come from?

I feel like we should all start doing the belly rubs in solidarity. :D I mean, can't hurt, right?
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I never know. I weigh daily and lose less than 3 pounds a month. My weight fluctuates as much as 8 (or more) pounds over the course of a week. Sometimes my scale feels like a random number generator.

I track all my food and know where I stand overall. If I have eaten within my goal*, I know I’m losing fat even if the scale says I’m up 7 pounds that day.

If I find that over the course of 6+ weeks that I am eating within my goal and my overall weight trend is not doing what I expect, then I re-evaluate. Otherwise; I just carry on.

*I am not “good” or “bad” because of what or how much I did or didn’t eat.