Wow! Really?

Options
Okay so my boyfriend and I went to a local fair today and we are walking around looking at everything and some guy behind the counter of a food stand yells out to us “You two look like you enjoy some good eatin!” Wow, really?? Who does that?!? My boyfriend being good natured simply patted his stomach and said yep, got any free samples? Me on the other hand felt insulted and wanted to yell out I've lost 12 lbs thank you very much!! But I didn't. It really bothered me and I couldny stop replaying it over in my head. At 5'1 and 143 I know I still have a ways to go, I just wish people would think before blurting stupid things out. I know I probably overreacted, but it's just frustrating since dieting is not easy. Thanks for letting me vent :smile:

Replies

• russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'd regard that as a motivator rather than an insult
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How rude! :angry:

That's the kind of situation where you think of the perfect put-down about 3 hours later as well isn't it! Don't give that rude jerk another thought, you're doing great. :flowerforyou:
  • kwamgee
    Options
    morning!

I'd say just let it go. let it enter through one ear and exit out the other. It's not worth your energy.

As a kid I used to be mand fun of on a regular basis. It used to bother me a whole lot. one day I decided that the name calling will only bother me if I allow it to bother me. Years later the name callers aren't doing anything constrictive with their lives. My oh my, the ball is in my court, but im not petty like they were/are.
  • debswebby
    Options
    I would have said "yes I do that's why I'm coming to your stall"

Who am I kidding? I would have taken me at least 5 hours to come up with that one lol
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take it too personally. I'm sure he just said that because he was hoping you would buy something. It may not even have anything to do with your weight or the way you look.
  • natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that man ruined your day. I can relate to not being able to forget about stuff all day, so feel free to vent and rant away!

When I read the comment though, I took it the other way. I took the comment to mean that you were skinny and therefore looked like you needed some food!
  • emandbri
    Options
    What a jerk! HUGS!
  • jtreadwell
    jtreadwell Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take it too personally. I'm sure he just said that because he was hoping you would buy something. It may not even have anything to do with your weight or the way you look.
    You are probably right. The guy was probably just trying to drum up some business, but I guess It was hard enough for me to pass up the funnel cakes, kettle corn, nachos, fries, margaritas, and all the other things that I wish I could eat. So maybe I was a little bitter. I'm thankful that I had enough discipline to pass it all up.
  • keepkickingbutt
    keepkickingbutt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yep I reckon he's just saying anything to tempt you over. I can understand your annoyance tho... I feel hellishly cranky when I want "unapproved" foods but know that this is a time I really ought to be restrained, lol. ;p
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    You are probably right. The guy was probably just trying to drum up some business, but I guess It was hard enough for me to pass up the funnel cakes, kettle corn, nachos, fries, margaritas, and all the other things that I wish I could eat. So maybe I was a little bitter. I'm thankful that I had enough discipline to pass it all up.
    And that is a huge victory, congrats on having that much self control.